Sat 10 Apr: CC3: St Helens v Leeds Rhinos KO 14:30 (BBC)

Who will win?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/04/21 at 14:00

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks the tie of the round until you see Leeds missing personnel.  Saints by 20.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

I’m a bit sad that Leeds aren’t full strength. We could have had easier draws from the outset but the pull with playing Leeds is how big a game it is. Knockout rugby long before knockout rugby at the end of the season is exciting and knockout rugby between two full strength sides, one the Super League holders and the other, the Challenge Cup holders, is the sort of big events I love and want to see and this is one of those days I miss being able to go to. Saints v Leeds invokes a range of memories and highlights, some good, many bad but ultimately, they were games littered with quality players and would often lead to memorable games, too. 

It’s a shame that it’s not likely to be a full Leeds side and while it doesn’t guarantee a Saints win, it’ll still be a tough game and we cannot afford complacency. 

Coote and Paasi back for us this week, Percival likely too. Smith may be available following his HIA, but anticipate Welsby will get that last bench spot.

With us at close to full strength and Leeds hammered by injuries in the backline, would expect Saints to win. Complacency is a risk as is playing potentially half-fit players.

Sean Long has spoke of how determined Saints are to win the Cup for the first time since 2008, so would hope to see us throw everything we've got at this one.

1 hour ago, Chris22 said:

Coote and Paasi back for us this week, Percival likely too. Smith may be available following his HIA, but anticipate Welsby will get that last bench spot.

With us at close to full strength and Leeds hammered by injuries in the backline, would expect Saints to win. Complacency is a risk as is playing potentially half-fit players.

Sean Long has spoke of how determined Saints are to win the Cup for the first time since 2008, so would hope to see us throw everything we've got at this one.

Smith would be on the bench as the replacement for Roby after 60 mins as has been the case for a while now.

Will be watching this one with my fingers over my eyes. It could end up quite gruesome. Although this Leeds team does seem to have a little bit of grit and enthusiasm to them they're not going to have the firepower in their to win.

7 hours ago, muckymunksy said:

Could be close Saints ant looked much so far this season. 

15-14 Leeds 

Only conceded 1 try in 2 games and are top of the league, hate to see the state of affairs when saints click then!

11 hours ago, M j M said:

Gale reportedly out. This could be pretty horrendous.

Ive heard Sutcliffe is also a doubt

We're really down to the bare bones in the backs for this one, I suppose the only consolation is it totally takes the pressure off as we're not expected to compete never mind win.

39 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Haven't we been pretty much full strength for the start of the last few seasons?

We do see. To go through quite a few injury pile ups 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Archived