Sat 10 Apr: CC3: St Helens v Leeds Rhinos KO 14:30 (BBC)

Who will win?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/04/21 at 14:00

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Barnsley game is also pretty sheeite. But I've been used to fev, Barnsley and partick thistle all my bloody life so I'm used to.sheeite most of the time

Though you had gone lad.... well you did take the time to announce to us you were going so can you formally announce when you come back?

Enjoyed that.

Well done Leeds for showing so much heart from the start and in particular after the red card.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Huge effort by a depleted Leeds, and it came very close to working. But St Helens go through.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Really enjoyable 2nd half for the neutral, unlucky leeds 

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

Paasi looks remarkably like Kurt Sorrenson close up.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 minute ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Paasi looks remarkably like Kurt Sorrenson close up.

luckily i haven't been close up to kurt sorrenson

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

47 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

luckily i haven't been close up to kurt sorrenson

Ha ha.

Many years ago I remember seeing on TV Brian Hogan get sent off for a horrible stiff arm.  Later that evening in our packed pub I was standing behind my chair and someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned and there was a really fed up Hogan in my ear. "Is that chair free?"   I had to whisper with dry mouth, "No".   "*%$#@¥₩" he replied.  But I survived.

Continued our record of struggling in Cup games. We were fortunate that Leeds had nothing close to a half back on the field and that Tetavano made a stupid challenge or we probably would have lost.

Thought Leeds did as well as they could have but understandably struggled badly with their kicking game.

Paasi the highlight for Saints. Really strong runner and great impact off the bench. 

We did the job just about. In the Cup especially it's all about winning. On to the next one!

Decent effort from Leeds there, made for a good watch.

I'm still not sure exactly why Leeds had Smith and Martin in the halves? Do they really not have anyone at all in their entire squad who is a) fit and b) can make a passable attempt at being a half back?

They'd probably have looked more balanced if they'd played either Leeming or Dwyer as a half.

1 hour ago, paulwalker71 said:

I'm still not sure exactly why Leeds had Smith and Martin in the halves? Do they really not have anyone at all in their entire squad who is a) fit and b) can make a passable attempt at being a half back?

They'd probably have looked more balanced if they'd played either Leeming or Dwyer as a half.

No all our players who could be called a half were injured

Gale

Myler

Lui

Eastmond

Sutcliffe

Mclelland

Smith has played 6 before, I did think they may have tried Leeming at halfback at somepoint.

53 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

It's hard to say but I actually think we may have been worse had we tried to find a lightweight player to try and play as a sort of half back, at least for the first two thirds of the game. Trying to play conventional alternatives in the usual positions would arguably have been less effective than largely disposing of those positions entirely and essentially having an eight man pack. Whilst that didn't offer much creatively for most of the game it did wear Saints down and put us in the position to challenge towards the end. Bringing Dwyer on any earlier I think may have similarly been negative - Agar has got quite adept at finding the right time for him to come on the field to do his headless chicken stuff.

In terms of working out how to use what he had available to give Leeds the best chance, this struck me as very much an Agar coaching masterclass, up there with how very he built a very specific plan to deal with Wigan in the CC semi last year.

3 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Though you had gone lad.... well you did take the time to announce to us you were going so can you formally announce when you come back?

Sheete or not we won, same cant be said of Rovers, huge difference in SL and Championship. 

5 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

I gave up.when thaler got the red mist.

Watching barnsley v Middlesbrough now

I’ve only been to Barnsley the once when Saints played Wakey there. A nice stadium, especially the old stand with the tv gantry. Although it doesn’t match the other three stands. 

Archived