Fri 9th Apr: CC3: Hull Kingston Rovers v Castleford Tigers KO 18:00 (OuRLeague)

Who will win?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/04/21 at 17:30

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where to start? 

Defence, I suppose. I think it is fair to say that our goal line defence on Thursday worked hard and thwarted a lot of second half attacks, repeat sets etc. 

That's our major (well, only) real positive because we attacked like Stephen Hawking in a swimming pool.

Cas are a good side and they start brightly; Oliver Holmes has opened the scoring for them in the first two games so hopefully he stubs his toe on the living room table.

Obviously Powell is off so one can only hope this has caused so much disruption that Jake Trueman lets the hotel alarm off at 3am.

We need to start playing from the off instead of letting sides build leads higher than the current UK Covid vaccination number, or at least complete a set of 6. That would be just swell.

Prediction: Rovers by 8.

Castleford have been very impressive so far, Rovers have lacked nothing in effort but there are weaknesses which you'd expect Cas to exploit.

Cas always seem to blow Rovers away early on and then just control the game. Hopefully Rovers can compete for longer this time but I'd have to go for a Cas win.

Early try to Rervers.

4-0.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Rervers should have bin two tries to the good at least given their early dominance but Cas held their nerve and Trueman opens their account. Rervers 4 Cas 6.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Quinlan under the sticks.

Rervers 10 Cas 6.

New Tongan signing trundles over.

Rervers 16 Cas 6.

Parcel over now.

Rervers 22 Cas 6.

It's looking like a romp...but not as we thunk it.

Rervers not looking so good 2nd arf, Olpherts over near touch.

Richardson converts.

Rervers 22 Cas 12.

Another Rervers error and McShane in under the sticks.

Rervers 22 Cas  18.

Litten knocks on and Rervers give a penalty away and Olpherts fluffs a try scoring opportunity.

3 minutes ago, Josef K said:

Come on T’Rovers 

It's not Fev mate.

Cas drop the ball under their own posts and SKD scores.

Rervers 28 Cas 18.

19 mins left.

This match seems to be passing by really quickly. Less than 20 minutes left, and it is KR 32:18 Cas.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Abdul over now, Rervers recaptured their first arf form.

Rervers 32 Cas 18.

Holmes error, even he doesn't have a clue.

Archived