Tommy Raudonikis RIP

Sad news, but not unexpected.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tommy, never short of a word:

“I used to hate the opposition like they’d done something to my family,” Raudonikis once said. “I used to hate the other halfback like he’d done something to my sister.”     Priceless.

11 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Tommy, never short of a word:

“I used to hate the opposition like they’d done something to my family,” Raudonikis once said. “I used to hate the other halfback like he’d done something to my sister.”     Priceless.

Yes.

I believe that Joe Egan had a similar point of view.  I seem to recall that he would not shake hands immediately after a game since they had been battering themselves for 80 mins so why be friends straight after.

8 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Yes.

I believe that Joe Egan had a similar point of view.  I seem to recall that he would not shake hands immediately after a game since they had been battering themselves for 80 mins so why be friends straight after.

I think you`ll find Tommy left it on the field though mate.

Can anybody recall the test match between Great Britain and Australia when Tommy and the GB scrum half started fighting over who`s ball it was to feed the scrum? Was it Steve Nash or Roger Millward he was fighting with? Anyway, they both got their marching orders, typical Tommy, he didn`t give anything away!

Met Tommy in a pub in Ireland during the 2013 World Cup. Had a quick chat, posed for a photo and called my two friends and I 'Pommy B@stards'.. what more could you want when meeting Tom Raudonikis!

RIP Tom.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

4 hours ago, DiddyDave said:

Can anybody recall the test match between Great Britain and Australia when Tommy and the GB scrum half started fighting over who`s ball it was to feed the scrum? Was it Steve Nash or Roger Millward he was fighting with? Anyway, they both got their marching orders, typical Tommy, he didn`t give anything away!

It was the 1st test at Wigan in 1978 ( I went to all 3 ) where Steve  Nash and Tommy got sent off . The Aussies beat GB very convincingly at Leeds in the 3rd test and it also emphasised the big gulf in playing standards and fitness. I was fortunate to be at wilderspool in 1978 when Warrington beat the Aussies 15 - 12 ( was 19 at the time ) . Without a shadow of a doubt the greatest match I ever witnessed at Wilderspool , the atmosphere was electric . Tommy played in that game , a terrific player . Great memories. 

Archived