Shaun Wane open to club return after World Cup

56 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

I thought he left Wigan under a cloud after a big fall out with someone there.

No idea to be honest. I can’t see him going to Cas, I can’t see him going to Saints (Woolf’s contract is up this year IIRC) and Lam’s yet to be be re-signed by Wigan. I’m not sure if there’s any other clubs here whose coach is out of contract this year, though some will likely be moved on or leave their clubs this year. 

9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Hull would be a good job for him, if this season’s coach doesn’t work out. 

Think Hodgson seems to have installed a bit of steel in the Hull back and the re positioning of Connor is a positive 

Think he will have that job for as long as he wants it 

Also good to see Adam swift get the nod 

I’m not sure whether he’d go permanently because he has business interests in the north west but I think Catalans would be a decent suited club for him. They play tough and often cross the line in terms of aggression, as Wane’s Wigan played and did and I think Catalans as a club need a bit of direction in terms of youth development and a pathway, which is Wane’s bread and butter. 

2 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I’m not sure whether he’d go permanently because he has business interests in the north west but I think Catalans would be a decent suited club for him. They play tough and often cross the line in terms of aggression, as Wane’s Wigan played and did and I think Catalans as a club need a bit of direction in terms of youth development and a pathway, which is Wane’s bread and butter. 

Either that, or he could try and sort out NZ Warriors.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

15 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

He’s been a full time coach for nearly 3 years and hasn’t actually coached a single game 

He was only appointed England coach last year.

22 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

He’s been a full time coach for nearly 3 years and hasn’t actually coached a single game 

Wane has only been a full time coach (again) since last year - he previously worked in Scottish RU and consultancy.

Despite not coaching any games he has been very closely involved in the game since being made England coach and his knowledge and understanding of RL won't have diminished since leaving Wigan in 2018, probably the opposite given how many players and coaches he has spoken to over the last year.

52 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

He was appointed February 2020, the month before the lockdowns began which have devastated sport for the last year. Its not really his, or anyone's fault, that the Ashes series was cancelled.

if he was open to scottish ru he will prob be open to anything - the new host of countdown?  the shadow foreign secretary? or maybe the new landlord of the rovers return 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

8 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

No idea to be honest. I can’t see him going to Cas, I can’t see him going to Saints (Woolf’s contract is up this year IIRC) and Lam’s yet to be be re-signed by Wigan. I’m not sure if there’s any other clubs here whose coach is out of contract this year, though some will likely be moved on or leave their clubs this year. 

Catalans

2 hours ago, Damien said:

He was appointed February 2020, the month before the lockdowns began which have devastated sport for the last year. Its not really his, or anyone's fault, that the Ashes series was cancelled.

To be fair to him he is unbeaten.

Archived