NRL Match Thread - Round 5 - 2021

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Graham said:

Sometimes when there’s a problem I uninstall the app, reinstall it from the app store, sign in again and it has worked.

Is that the sophisticated version of "Switch it off then switch it back on?"

Souths 24:6 Broncos

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Vossy raises a good point about Brodie Croft. What's the point in having him on the bench if you wait till you're 22pts behind and there's 9 minutes left? If you don't consider him a game breaker and he's not coming on as a tackling forward, why is he there?

4 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Good grief! Are the Brisbane really as bad as this?

This is actually a better scoreline than they've been experiencing of late. They've been terrible since lockdown was lifted in 2020.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

Good grief! Are the Brisbane really as bad as this?

That rates as one of their better performances, they kept it under 40 conceded and scored themselves, the whole organisation is going down the gurgler fast hastened by the Walters brother's coaching regime, not what you need in times of crisis. Wayne must be in fits of mirth at what they have turned into since his acrimonious departure.

Brisbane should have been looking at the 7 playing for Souths and working out how they can get him under their cap for next season.

Their defence was still shoddy and they make too many mistakes but the biggest problem is their halves.  Milford is rocks and diamonds (but mainly rocks) and the kicking game was awful from both scrum halves.

The pack is decent and they have some good young backs.  When i have seen them play they do alright for 20 minutes and then fade badly due to poor game management and handing the ball back in bad areas.

Souths on the other hand look great - quality all over the pitch and some world class players in key positions. Their first try was a wonderful example of support play and handling.  Great team to watch

I’ve no idea what Kevvie does next , they just look a total basket case . It was all summed up Latrell getting that ball down with four blokes around him . No way should he be doing that however strong he is . Brisbane’s attitude to hard work is as bad as their individual efforts and organisation , which is all over the place. What is a half doing on the bench and sitting there until the games well gone ? Kevvie should just tell them to go out , run around , play what you see and throw it about . They’re so bad you might as well strip it all down . Also , he can’t go out and do all the simple things they seem unable to do anyway 

Archived