Hull FC need own ground

Hull FC should surely be a massive club in the UK. 

There are a few things holding them back, but one clear cut disadvantage they have is the way they seem to be tossed to one side like week old Kippers, in the unsatisfactory relationship they have with the football team and its owner. 

Its been a similar story at Wigan although not as bad. 

Why, what is holding them back from growing?

I know with London sharing in previous years, that they have been forced to move home games for relaying/reseeding the grass, etc. But nothing comes to mind for Hull FC.

They even get internationals and had the Grand Final there last year.

Have I missed something?

40 minutes ago, Dave T said:

What's happened? 

Hull wanted to move a game back a day to Monday 17th May so that they can get some fans in at the first opportunity. The stadium management company won't them them incase Hull City are in the playoffs that week. There are also some issues with a couple of fixtures at the end of the season.

Ever since the Allam's have run the SMC they have always been petty and favoured Hull City at every opportunity.

Adam Pearson did say a few weeks ago that he had been looking into the possibility of building our own stadium for when the current KCOM lease ends in 6 or 7 years time. It doesn't seem completely farfetched.

I think every FC supporter would find it unpalatable to consider sharing with KR. 

However there are plenty on here that keep speaking about a mythical shared stadium that could be built for wakey and cas. That's your next nearest option , could that be a possibility.

43 minutes ago, MZH said:

Hull wanted to move a game back a day to Monday 17th May so that they can get some fans in at the first opportunity. The stadium management company won't them them incase Hull City are in the playoffs that week. There are also some issues with a couple of fixtures at the end of the season.

Ever since the Allam's have run the SMC they have always been petty and favoured Hull City at every opportunity.

Adam Pearson did say a few weeks ago that he had been looking into the possibility of building our own stadium for when the current KCOM lease ends in 6 or 7 years time. It doesn't seem completely farfetched.

And further issues have emerged in the past day or so for Hull, with the SMC unable to give guarantees about fixtures being able to be played once the next football season begins.

Sharing with Soccer or Union clubs the League club will always come off second or third best, we just don't have the muscle to dictate terms because club's have often entered these agreements as a saviour option. If the Premiership or FA ruled that their clubs couldn't ground share, which isn't beyond the realms of possibility, the s hit would really hit the fan. Expecting Local Authorities to protect their interests in these cash straightened times is foolhardy if not suicidal.

4 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

I think every FC supporter would find it unpalatable to consider sharing with KR. 

However there are plenty on here that keep speaking about a mythical shared stadium that could be built for wakey and cas. That's your next nearest option , could that be a possibility.

Not a chance FC fans would go to Craven Park for "home fixtures."

The situation at the KCOM has been brewing for years. Started off petty, with things like charging extra money to have photos on the walls on the function rooms and bars (they even removed the Johnny Whiteley images from the Johnny Whiteley suite!). This has led to more and more Hull City dressing around the stadium (as they're just putting money from one picked into the other, effectively paying nothing). The stadium feels less and less like a shared stadium and more and more like Hull City's ground.

They're now reserving games for Hull City "just in case", as well as preventing planned fixtures are the end of the season due to football (despite there being a written agreement prioritising the team who's season started first). 

Not to mention the closing of the North Stand and moving away fans into the East Stand, which just looks awful on TV. We also have to play away from home for 6 weeks every summer for re-seeding, which is why the issue about moving the home game in May is so petty (it means we won't be able to see us at home until the end of June).

I'd love is to see us in our own 18,000 stadium similar to Doncaster (but with terracing!). Can't see it happening, but Pearson has mentioned exploring it recently. Not sure where we'd have it, like. Probably Pickering Park or Costello.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

21 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Too right, they don’t even show up for the away ones a couple of times per year. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

23 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

The situation at the KCOM has been brewing for years. Started off petty, with things like charging extra money to have photos on the walls on the function rooms and bars (they even removed the Johnny Whiteley images from the Johnny Whiteley suite!). This has led to more and more Hull City dressing around the stadium (as they're just putting money from one picked into the other, effectively paying nothing). The stadium feels less and less like a shared stadium and more and more like Hull City's ground.

They're now reserving games for Hull City "just in case", as well as preventing planned fixtures are the end of the season due to football (despite there being a written agreement prioritising the team who's season started first). 

Not to mention the closing of the North Stand and moving away fans into the East Stand, which just looks awful on TV. We also have to play away from home for 6 weeks every summer for re-seeding, which is why the issue about moving the home game in May is so petty (it means we won't be able to see us at home until the end of June).

I'd love is to see us in our own 18,000 stadium similar to Doncaster (but with terracing!). Can't see it happening, but Pearson has mentioned exploring it recently. Not sure where we'd have it, like. Probably Pickering Park or Costello.

Can the club not get the council involved? When does the stadium management contract expire?

3 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

As a matter of interest what happened to boulevard. I know it functioned as a dog track for sometime after FC  left.

By the way I dont believe in mythical shared stadiums 😉

It now has a secondary school built on it - The Boulevard Academy.

27 minutes ago, Damien said:

Can the club not get the council involved? When does the stadium management contract expire?

It expires at end of 2027 season IIRC.

The SMC run the stadium. Not much we can do unfortunately. The Allams have ran it into the ground financially, so no one would take it on now.

1 minute ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Eddie expires at end of 2027 season IIRC.

The SMC run the stadium. Not much we can do unfortunately. The Allams have ran it into the ground financially, so no one would take it on now.

Eddie?

I was just looking at this:

https://www.allamout.co.uk/kc-stadium/

The SMC agreement seems crazy and I can't believe that was agreed by the council!

My wife deals with BOTH Hull FC and Hull KR for business and her opinion (And she is a hard nosed Russian:) is that the management of BOTH HULL FC and HULL KR is really good, fantastic CEO,s nice people to deal with and very business like.

I say this as I am sure that they might BOTH see the benefits of a joint stadium in Hull for Rugby League one day ,it could be put in a joint trust (Never to be sold) and then let both clubs get on with it.

Hard for some to swallow however it does makes sense with it also being used as one of 3 main TEST venues.

As rugby league fans we should be behind HULL 100% it is without doubt a fantastic true rugby league city and we should be proud of it.

Paul

5 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

My wife deals with BOTH Hull FC and Hull KR for business and her opinion (And she is a hard nosed Russian:) is that the management of BOTH HULL FC and HULL KR is really good, fantastic CEO,s nice people to deal with and very business like.

I say this as I am sure that they might BOTH see the benefits of a joint stadium in Hull for Rugby League one day ,it could be put in a joint trust (Never to be sold) and then let both clubs get on with it.

Hard for some to swallow however it does makes sense with it also being used as one of 3 main TEST venues.

As rugby league fans we should be behind HULL 100% it is without doubt a fantastic true rugby league city and we should be proud of it.

Paul

Hull KR have invested a lot into improving the facilities at Craven Park. I can't see them leaving it any time soon.

Hull FC would never play so far away from their base in West Hull. It would be financial suicide. Likewise KR leaving the East.

The only way you'd get a ground share is in the city centre, which would be very expensive and I don't think there's anywhere accessible to even consider.

3 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Paul

I THINK that you might have a PROBLEM with your Caps Lock function. 

If you DON'T, then please just IGNORE this message.

12 hours ago, Clogiron said:

Sharing with Soccer or Union clubs the League club will always come off second or third best, we just don't have the muscle to dictate terms because club's have often entered these agreements as a saviour option. If the Premiership or FA ruled that their clubs couldn't ground share, which isn't beyond the realms of possibility, the s hit would really hit the fan. Expecting Local Authorities to protect their interests in these cash straightened times is foolhardy if not suicidal.

If the ground belonged to Hull City and we were tenants in their stadium then I would kind of expect to play second fiddle to them. But that's not the case here. It's supposed to be shared equally. The problem is that the Allam family who own Hull City also run the SMC, and in many cases have gone against the terms in the lease agreement to give preferential treatment to the football. The council shouldn't have allowed that to happen. It should be a third party that runs the stadium. I don't think the clubs are seeing eye to eye at all right now.

If it's realistic to build our own 18,000(ish) capacity stadium and have our own home again then I'm sure every Hull fan would love that. But I'm really not sure if that's a realistic option.

Why not, its so easy to get funding for a new stadium and it's never fraught with difficulties. 

It would be ideal if they could get their own stadium rather than having to put up with ###### from the SMC, but it's an expensive fix to the problem. I can't see LA help with the KC and Craven Park within the city. 

Its not a new ground that Hull FC need as the KCOM is perfect location wise especially for all us east Hull black and whites! We just crave for reasonable owners of the SMC who can see the opportunities that the stadium can bring for both the football and rugby sides along with the city as a whole with concerts etc.

I don't know what powers the local authority have over the SMC situation, if any, but until the Allams either sell up or have the SMC taken from them then this situation is not going to get any better and I really cant see them selling anytime soon unfortunately!

4 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Why not, its so easy to get funding for a new stadium and it's never fraught with difficulties. 

It would be ideal if they could get their own stadium rather than having to put up with ###### from the SMC, but it's an expensive fix to the problem. I can't see LA help with the KC and Craven Park within the city. 

Pearson has spoken about this in the past and I think if he did decide to go down the new stadium route he would look to get the funds himself through investors and such rather than looking to the council to fund it. I remember being at a fans forum when he was asked and his reply was something along the lines of "I'm pretty sure we could get our hands on the money if we decided that is what we wanted to do." But of course in the current climate that could be a different story.

As mentioned above me. The KCOM is still a great venue in a really good location. The ideal scenario would be to get in someone impartial to operate the stadium and then look to negotiate a better deal for ourselves when the lease comes to be renewed in 6 years time.

Archived