Up to Date Website

Kevin Nicholas

I have seen criticism of website and it is correct that the players & fixtures need updating under “ Team” which we will sort before first home game.

The 2021 players and their sponsors are all listed under “News” as are the 2021 fixtures so they are there to be seen.

The suggestion that we have had a year to sort it is a bit harsh to say the least. It is not that we have been doing nothing for a year as in fact we have sorted more things out to TRY to improve the Club than ever before. During lockdowns, furlough, no income from games and indeed everything that everyone has had to endure. People at the Club for no wages have totally grafted this year to keep the Club going and get us in a great place going forward and i think we are in as good a position as anytime in the Clubs history.

We also look to have a decent team by the way as Craig and his staff seem to have got a great team spirit going and indeed our backroom staff have been absolutely magnificent in these difficult times.

We will continue to have faults but let’s just stay positive and  have half full not half empty glasses. I just can’t wait for people back at our first class stadium watching games.

I don't think anyone is being unduly critical, and it seems to me that everyone is positive about the season, on here and on other social media platforms. I do think that people on here are desperate to help the club in any way they can, and that includes visiting the website, as it has been said that the number of website visits is important. Is it true that the RFL take website visits into account in some way? 

Quite simply Kev, we want this club to be the best it can in all it does and a tidy up to date introduction at the start of what enquiring people come across sets the tone. We already know we've got the best ground outside SL and better than some of them, and we know the thought and effort the BoD and volunteers put in.

No problem someone pointing this out or indeed anything else. The new players and the fixtures are now the site under the section “ Team” which i think was the issue.

John Miller along with Dan Winner & Joe Miller do a great job on social media at no cost whatsoever. OuRLeague members, Facebook and Twitter are superb when measured against other Clubs. Instagram & traffic to our website can no doubt be better and we are aiming to try to improve all the time but it is not easy and at moment it is even more difficult for everybody. With all our Covid regulations, twice weekly testing etc it’s hard just to get a player photo as we seek to ensure there is no spread of the disease should a player or official get it. So it’s not “ a joke” the update wasn’t done and it’s not as simple as saying we’ve had a year to do it which was my only point.

If you see anything which needs looking at just let us know and we’ll do what we can with the time resources we have.

Anyway, just waiting for crowds back now and getting back to something like normal as I’m sure is everyone.

38 minutes ago, Kevin Nicholas said:

So it’s not “ a joke” the update wasn’t done and it’s not as simple as saying we’ve had a year to do it which was my only point.

If you see anything which needs looking at just let us know and we’ll do what we can with the time resources we have.

Fair enough! If you were responsible for recruitment this year I would suggest that we are all pleased with the squad this season and things look very positive, so without trying to sound patronising, well done on that. Can't wait for the Oldham game.

1 hour ago, distantdog said:

That link takes me to this years squad!

it takes me to a page with lunt,yates,big joe,scotty,dicko.bravo.top a main page. no swet there looking good down the page.

13 hours ago, silverback said:

it takes me to a page with lunt,yates,big joe,scotty,dicko.bravo.top a main page. no swet there looking good down the page.

You need to clear the cache on your PC - the link take you a page that is effectively saved on your machine.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 09/04/2021 at 09:25, Kevin Nicholas said:

I have seen criticism of website and it is correct that the players & fixtures need updating under “ Team” which we will sort before first home game.

The 2021 players and their sponsors are all listed under “News” as are the 2021 fixtures so they are there to be seen.

The suggestion that we have had a year to sort it is a bit harsh to say the least. It is not that we have been doing nothing for a year as in fact we have sorted more things out to TRY to improve the Club than ever before. During lockdowns, furlough, no income from games and indeed everything that everyone has had to endure. People at the Club for no wages have totally grafted this year to keep the Club going and get us in a great place going forward and i think we are in as good a position as anytime in the Clubs history.

We also look to have a decent team by the way as Craig and his staff seem to have got a great team spirit going and indeed our backroom staff have been absolutely magnificent in these difficult times.

We will continue to have faults but let’s just stay positive and  have half full not half empty glasses. I just can’t wait for people back at our first class stadium watching games.

And most of us are really looking forward to get back at the mount and see some great rugby in a great stadium.

Archived