National Conference League season to start on Saturday 22 May

6 hours ago, del capo said:

Their choice.  NCL agree

No point starting till then if you can’t go full indoors in the club afterwards. Not all clubs will have outside options also with the year every community club has had you want to try and make some money to get things rolling again 

15 hours ago, Cumbria1 said:

No point starting till then if you can’t go full indoors in the club afterwards. Not all clubs will have outside options also with the year every community club has had you want to try and make some money to get things rolling again 

Step 3 from 17th May allows indoor table service.

Cumbria  Tier 4 want to start later and NCL respect that but it will mean midweek fixtures for them to catch up with the rest of the country.

The NWML involving Cumbria clubs will be up and running well before then....and the clubhouse beer  pumps will hopefully have restarted as well....

58 minutes ago, del capo said:

Step 3 from 17th May allows indoor table service.

Cumbria  Tier 4 want to start later and NCL respect that but it will mean midweek fixtures for them to catch up with the rest of the country.

The NWML involving Cumbria clubs will be up and running well before then....and the clubhouse beer  pumps will hopefully have restarted as well....

Going from what I have read the Cumbria NCL league will not be part of the playoff system at the end of the season. So this shouldn’t mean any catch up games to be done.

Which Cumbrian sides have applied for NWML?

14 minutes ago, Cumbria1 said:

Going from what I have read the Cumbria NCL league will not be part of the playoff system at the end of the season. So this shouldn’t mean any catch up games to be done.

Which Cumbrian sides have applied for NWML?

The Cumbria  division have 2 play off spots in the last 16. Tell the Brow or the Mont  they're not in it at your peril....

Unless you are giving back to Lancashire the Furness then I think the likes of Dalton and Ulverston amongst others might have a say...

5 hours ago, del capo said:

The Cumbria  division have 2 play off spots in the last 16. Tell the Brow or the Mont  they're not in it at your peril....

Unless you are giving back to Lancashire the Furness then I think the likes of Dalton and Ulverston amongst others might have a say...

Why would Dalton & Ulverston not part of the NCL pal. Think if you read the link further up even states that start king from league B they will be on the playoffs not from league A.

2 hours ago, Cumbria1 said:

Why would Dalton & Ulverston not part of the NCL pal. Think if you read the link further up even states that start king from league B they will be on the playoffs not from league A.

You asked which Cumbrian clubs play NWML.

Dalton and Ulverston for starters......

As to the play offs - 2 from each division plus  third placed from the 2  strongest Yorkshire leagues to make a final 16.

And every club will need to play at least 9 matches to qualify for the play offs

Format and  the season's fixtures confirmed at last nights club zoom meeting. Cumbrian sides should have theirs by the weekend as by agreement they are to start later but all will be working to set play off dates  and  finals in October.

Some juicy stuff no doubt for next week's trade press.....😃

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/05/2021 at 16:30, Marauder said:

Be interesting to see their `A` teams results in the coming weeks.

Fair point Marauder.

At the moment i am sure that first teamers are strengthening the sides. 

But  registrations are actually up more than anticipated so  fingers crossed that the reserves can meet  their fixtures in Tier 5, where they are clearly needed on the park to provide structure and solidity to the regional leagues.

7 hours ago, del capo said:

Fair point Marauder.

At the moment i am sure that first teamers are strengthening the sides. 

But  registrations are actually up more than anticipated so  fingers crossed that the reserves can meet  their fixtures in Tier 5, where they are clearly needed on the park to provide structure and solidity to the regional leagues.

Pretty sure the Cumberland league are kicking off the same weekend as the NCL Cumbria group, so there should be too much packing of first teamers into A teams

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

Archived