Manchester

6 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

A Manchester RL side playing out of the Etihad complex was ideal.

With the Man City owners pumping in 5m a year?

What is the chance of Man City being involved like this? In Spain, this is quite the norm. 

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Not sure I want a brutal dictatorship pouring blood money into the game tbh.  Possible to do without them. 

That has already happened in the game, but that's for another thread.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Swinton doing some work in Manchester

Great work from Swinton. I think they should target Manchester for fans as well as community clubs. Hopefully they can become Manchester's team.

I know they considered changing their name but could still target Manchester as Swinton.

1 hour ago, JM2010 said:

Great work from Swinton. I think they should target Manchester for fans as well as community clubs. Hopefully they can become Manchester's team.

I know they considered changing their name but could still target Manchester as Swinton.

They actually changed it.

They quickly changed it back though! 😳

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

7 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Mancunians will not support a team that does not have Manchester in its name so this is all pointless. Bit like Saints doing a few initiatives in Liverpool and then ditching them 

Creating new community clubs around different areas of Manchester is pointless?

9 hours ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Absolutely not. 

just throwing the name Manchester about is though. Just call them sale lions or Trafford lions instead.

I agree with you. I think community clubs should be named after the community they serve

9 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Mancunians will not support a team that does not have Manchester in its name so this is all pointless. Bit like Saints doing a few initiatives in Liverpool and then ditching them 

Yeah, it’s only the name that’s holding back the clubs around Manchester. 

1 hour ago, JM2010 said:

I agree with you. I think community clubs should be named after the community they serve

I know what you mean. There is a problem, though. If we did that,  we'd have to call the England RL team the Moaning Minnies, as they serve the England RL community. 😀

In any case, thesee days, the community a team serves is far wider than the locality of the team base. People move away and watch on Tv or listen on the radio. I bet there are many current and former Lions followers who live outside the area.

• 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Giving this a bump. With Salford facing homeless and an already marooned Swinton and Oldham facing the drop, might it be time for the RFL to throw up a mea culpa and as they move into the Ethidad Campus get a new team playing out of the MRA? 

If I was the Red Devil’s I’d approach Salford city Fc about a ground share at the football club.

what’s the MRA?

Archived