OurLeague app & streaming (Merged Threads)

MZH

Just a quick question about the streaming on our league.

I've seen it mentioned that it's only available to season ticket holders. Can someone please clarify for me what that actually means. Does it just mean that it's free for season ticket holders and everyone else has to pay their £5? Or is it completely inaccessible if you don't have a season ticket for a club?

I would like to buy the Hull v Warrington game next week if I can.

Just now, WSRD said:

I have a season ticket for Salford Red Devil’s, and I have had to pay the £4.95, 

Is that for the cup game?

What Spidey says makes sense. If its a game that Sky are showing then I'd be surprised if they allowed our league to put it on general sale. But for none televised games it seems daft for them to not allow people to pay when it's already being broadcast for season ticket holders anyway. The sport isn't really in a position to be turning down anyone's money.

7 minutes ago, MZH said:

Is that for the cup game?

What Spidey says makes sense. If its a game that Sky are showing then I'd be surprised if they allowed our league to put it on general sale. But for none televised games it seems daft for them to not allow people to pay when it's already being broadcast for season ticket holders anyway. The sport isn't really in a position to be turning down anyone's money.

The issue is that Sky don't want OurLeague turning into a de-facto competitor to its own coverage - especially when it pays for exclusivity. 

If you are charging £50 a month (or whatever it is), for a Thursday and Friday night RL fix, you're going to resist someone coming along and offering a similar fix for £5 a week. 

2 hours ago, whatmichaelsays said:

The issue is that Sky don't want OurLeague turning into a de-facto competitor to its own coverage - especially when it pays for exclusivity. 

If you are charging £50 a month (or whatever it is), for a Thursday and Friday night RL fix, you're going to resist someone coming along and offering a similar fix for £5 a week. 

Yup, it's not rocket science. 

I still believe if Sky want to pay a lot less next time we should refuse exclusivity, as the Our League stuff is proving really decent. 

2 hours ago, MZH said:

I've seen it mentioned that it's only available to season ticket holders. Can someone please clarify for me what that actually means. Does it just mean that it's free for season ticket holders and everyone else has to pay their £5? Or is it completely inaccessible if you don't have a season ticket for a club?

If you're a ST holder with your club, you can request a code, you enter that code into the box and it allows you to watch all the games involving that club.

By the way, there are some full matches available free on OurLeague, after they went out live.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 10/04/2021 at 09:14, MZH said:

There aren't any individual passes available to purchase for Super League games. Access is just for the season ticket holders of the two clubs involved. Not sure whether this will change once limited numbers of fans are allowed back in games.

It's all a bit of a confused mess at the moment.

Some structure would be welcome.

Pressing on post-Covid, I would imagine that the biggest obstacle would be that Our League can only deal with one match at any one time.  Hence the staggered Championship kick-off times.

Nevertheless, there could be some commercial opportunity for clubs below $uperleague level.  I thought the presentation on Our League was pretty good quality.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

13 minutes ago, boris74 said:

Am I right is stating that ST holders will only be able to view their clubs home games via Ourleague and not the away games or does this cover all games?

All of your club's league games, both home and away

• John Drake changed the title to OurLeague app & streaming (Merged Threads)

There are a lot of individual threads cropping up relating to the OurLeague app and the streaming of games that are covering the same ground over and over.

It's probably best that we aim to keep them all together in one place, if possible.

We have match threads to discuss the actual games, so keep this one specifically for issues relating to the app or streaming via OurLeague.

Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Has OurLeague now packed up completely from showing live games?

I totally get why they aren't showing SL matches to season ticket holders any more with restrictions lifted, or the Championship games for those teams that chose to pay the £1200 for the coverage.

But in previous seasons they were showing a couple of Championship/League 1/women's SL games every week weren't they, for free?

If you look on the OurLeague page there are now no live games scheduled. If they are simply giving up altogether, that seems a huge shame after the success of their previous games. I understand completely about Sky having the rights, but that was the case last year when OurLeague started showing games, so has something changed in that respect?

This begs the question - if Sky aren't picking it up, is the huge Championship game on 1st August between the two currently unbeaten teams, Featherstone and Toulouse, not going to be shown live anywhere? This game is surely of big interest to fans across Rugby League.

Archived