Lets not forget our games on the BBC this afternoon

3 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

With what happened yesterday lets not forget today

St Helens v Leeds Rhinos. Coverage starts at 2.pm with a 2.30 pm KO ON BBC 1

Catalan Dragons v Wakefield Trinity. Coverage starts at .4.30.pm with a 5.pm KO ON BBC 2

Hip hip hooray! hip hip hooray! hip hip hooray! 

I have to say, that the coverage of the championship clubs/matches I've seen in recent weeks has been great entertainment and a great advert for the game.

If the uninitiated (potential fans) don't have Sky then as long as they can get access to the championship we have a decent chance of hooking a load of newcomers with what I've been watching.

The skill, speed and power and not least, the guile of some of the ball handlers, on display has been really impressive. I hope the coverage continues all season.

I hope the ''I wish I could play that'', feelings that I felt as a young fella, will bring players to our new club, when we can start playing again.

33 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

With what happened yesterday lets not forget today

St Helens v Leeds Rhinos. Coverage starts at 2.pm with a 2.30 pm KO ON BBC 1

Catalan Dragons v Wakefield Trinity. Coverage starts at .4.30.pm with a 5.pm KO ON BBC 2

I had genuinely forgot about it and this has reminded me 😂 cheers 👍

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

12 minutes ago, hindle xiii said:

At first I thought typical RL, going up against the Grand National and being cosmically shafted by news but I think a lot more people will be glad of something else to watch on terrestrial television.

Blanket coverage of the event that happened yesterday is already driving some people mad. 

8 minutes ago, hindle xiii said:

I still half except the games to be bumped to red button though!

That would make a lot of people angry

The other event has received blanket coverage for 24 hours and there is nothing more to say about it that already hasn't been said, Enough's enough until the day of his funeral

3 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Why would you actively complain about something like this? You might find it slightly OTT but all you have to do is roll your eyes and ignore it. Petty minded IMO. 

It's perfectly reasonable to complain to the BBC about what they broadcast. An awful lot of people's viewing and listening was affected yesterday by the bizarre decision by the BBC to not broadcast anything else across their multi-channel platforms. On BBC4 for example they stopped the broadcasting and put up some text to tell you to watch the news on BBC One. That's a bizarre approach. 

As has been alluded to, it is entirely possible that the Cup games today could lose their slots on BBC, when there is no need as they have multiple channels. So far the RL is still scheduled so hopefully it won't be affected. 

6 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Why would you actively complain about something like this? You might find it slightly OTT but all you have to do is roll your eyes and ignore it. Petty minded IMO. 

I don't know, and i certainly haven't, but in my opinion it's been a bit OTT, but that's just my opinion

Just now, Johnoco said:

It's hardly going to hurt someone if they can't watch EastEnders for once, I'm sure they will survive. Many millions of people will be upset by his passing, it's not as if he was Joe Bloggs down the road. I mean it's not for me but many people are fans of the royal family. I think it's pretty small minded to take the time to complain about something like this.

Of course they will survive, but a complaints form on the BBC is for complaining about the BBC content 

Why on earth would all channels show literally the same content? There is literally no reason for it. Remember we pay for these services, and they decided to stop broadcasting stuff. 

It may not bother you, so you haven't complained. It bothers others, so they used the complaints process. Both opinions are equally valid. 

16 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

I don't know, and i certainly haven't, but in my opinion it's been a bit OTT, but that's just my opinion

Totally over the top , that’s my opinion . One channel fine but simulcast all over the place is ridiculous . It’s as if bbc especially can’t grasp that some folk might like a break from it or summat else . When I saw it was swamping every regular channel I ignored them all day and watched racing , NRL games , premier league darts I’d taped and golf highlights I’d taped 

1 minute ago, Johnoco said:

I do actually find it OTT in fact. But whatever, I wouldn't actively go to the length of complaining about coverage of someone who has died, let alone such a person who has been a part of British life for so long 

Were we still in the Victorian age, we'd have non stop funeral dirges for days, so think yourself lucky.

I don't feel strongly enough to complain to the BBC, but if the RL was put online today I absolutely would. Some people will feel the same about things like the Masterchef Final that was postponed last night. 

I don't think anybody is bemoaning it being covered, but broadcasting the same content across channels and station is hard to justify. As the BBC are paid for through a tax, I think it is reasonable that people have the right to complain. 

1 minute ago, Johnoco said:

It is mine too. I just find it strange that you wouldn't half expect such coverage in the first place, let alone complain about it. 

Did you expect them to just turn BBC Four off? 

6 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

It is mine too. I just find it strange that you wouldn't half expect such coverage in the first place, let alone complain about it. 

I’d expect the coverage but I wouldn’t expect it to be on bbc 1 and bbc 2 . They already had bbc news and bbc parliament on it to . That’s bizarre . That’s without itv . I noted the statement from channel 4 saying people deserved some alternative . It’s as if ‘ you will watch this ‘ so there . And frankly one minute of Nicholas fawning Witchell on one channel is to much 

As for the complaints to the network, it's not the approach for me. Thousands complained about Diversity BLM on Britains Got Talent. People have the right to moan, but sometimes we agree with them, sometimes we don't, sometimes we don't care either way. 

To quote B*witched, "C'est la vie".

The first thing we said when the story flashed up was that's the TV gone for the next few days, when Brenda goes it will be day's upon end of dirge music and the sad prospect of Kevin as head boy. If we are to have them they should skip a generation and have someone more relevant to the times.

Archived