Sheffield at home Sunday.

spanishknight

Wonder how many players will be back for this one, I know one or two won't be back till the week after against Swinton, Riley should return hope O'Hagens fit to play, if so move Marsh to F.B. we need some forwards to return, thought Cuthbertson, Green and Scott were immense last week.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Nearenough said:

a must win match id say, its bin a long time since we last won a league m

I no it's only the start of the season,but it's a massive game for the knights and if we want to be finishing in the top end of the division we've got to be beating team's like Sheffield,also would start Salter and Sam Scott,but not to sure whether to keep Marsh at stand off or full back where he seems to be more effective

1 hour ago, spanishknight said:

21 man squads been announced, not as bad as I feared

21 man squads  well aren't  you  the lucky ones for some reason every week  RFL only name 19 man FEV squad🤣

On 12/04/2021 at 12:25, spanishknight said:

Wonder how many players will be back for this one, I know one or two won't be back till the week after against Swinton, Riley should return hope O'Hagens fit to play, if so move Marsh to F.B. we need some forwards to return, thought Cuthbertson, Green and Scott were immense last week.

21 man squad announced. https://yorkcityknights.com/club/21-man-squad-named-eagles-match/

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

awful from york. we keep playin like that for the rest of the season we play league 1 next year, simple as that. i agree 100% deano, lookin like a bunch of 'has beens' takin the money for doin nowt. our line speed was zero that half. 

Think it's a bit harsh calling out the SL players.

Dixon & BJB have been rotated in different positions so far and so haven't been able to form partnerships on the wing. Atkins seems to be one of our better attacking players. Cuthbertson hasn't put a foot wrong yet and Kirmond & Clarkson haven't appeared for a few weeks - Clarkson being one of our better players in the first few games.

For me this lies with Ford. I have every confidence he'll put it right. But I was listening to a podcast with BoH who said in pre-season they were focusing a lot more on defence than attack. This is now showing with our tries coming from length of the field breaks. We are too flat and it's simple one pass and carry too often. Needs sorting sooner rather than later - it was like this at the start of last season as well

Jason Bass Fan Club - member #001

Just now, YCKonstantine said:

Interesting seeing as we seem to allow the opposition to gain 50/60m every set.

Yep. For a team that has been supposedly focussing on defence, our line speed is terrible.

Some worrying signs developing. Too flat with the ball, too slow without it. 

Where to start with that. Sheffield came with a gameplan and were the better team. We look alright defensively as I've said before but christ on attack we have no invention. I don't know if we are trying to break them down through the middle or try some fast expansive play. We never try and change the tempo of the game - something that Kriss was always superb at and the kicks on the last are predictable. 

Individually we know these players are capable and good. At the minute this lies with how the team have been coached. We look indesicive in attack and it's painful to watch.

Not worrying yet and full credit to Sheffield tonight, but our attack play needs sorting and fast. Our attacking performances have not been good enough.

I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed

Jason Bass Fan Club - member #001

Archived