Sheffield at home Sunday.

spanishknight

and another point, it's disappointing that when we do break through the line and a player makes 60m or so, no one is busting a gut to support them. I appreciate we have some very fast players but there should be 3 or 4 ready to capatalise on the break with the next play. The fact Dixon and BJB had to slow down their PTBs tonight as we didn't have anyone in support is really disappointing.

Jason Bass Fan Club - member #001

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Toby The Tram said:

Where to start with that. Sheffield came with a gameplan and were the better team. We look alright defensively as I've said before but christ on attack we have no invention. I don't know if we are trying to break them down through the middle or try some fast expansive play. We never try and change the tempo of the game - something that Kriss was always superb at and the kicks on the last are predictable. 

Individually we know these players are capable and good. At the minute this lies with how the team have been coached. We look indesicive in attack and it's painful to watch.

Not worrying yet and full credit to Sheffield tonight, but our attack play needs sorting and fast. Our attacking performances have not been good enough.

I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed

Poor attacking options so far this season

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Really really disappointed with that. Our attack is not working.

Apart from the attack one thing I’m finding really frustrating, and we’ve done it in just about every match this season is receiving the ball near our try line or near the touch line and instead of finding ground we stand upright allowing the defence to push our player over the line. 

Sorry, but that was garbage. Utterly clueless attack. Poor defensive line speed (Sheffield just rolled down the pitch every set) and some of our players were just wandering around (one ex Super League forward in particular) doing little drop off passes that offer nothing in terms of penetration. We’ve got two ex- Super League wingers who never get a decent pass to put them clear. Last seasons start was shocking and this season is going the same way. 

up until last season the kneets teams under fordy were greater than the sum of their parts as they played for each other and for the badge. last 2 years thats not been the case, we have players with far more experience and individual ability but they are not playing as a team and some of them look to me to be just goin thru the motions. where has the heart gone?

4 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

Really really disappointed with that. Our attack is not working.

Apart from the attack one thing I’m finding really frustrating, and we’ve done it in just about every match this season is receiving the ball near our try line or near the touch line and instead of finding ground we stand upright allowing the defence to push our player over the line. 

Yep

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Over the last couple of seasons we've discovered that both winning and losing are a habit. 

Swinton next, and whilst they will be no push overs, we have the perfect opportunity to put things right. Hope we can hold  on to Keyes for while. Thought he looked a lot better second half when he took upon himself to try things as opposed to the first half instructions of keeping it (too) safe.

2 minutes ago, JonT said:

Over the last couple of seasons we've discovered that both winning and losing are a habit. 

Swinton next, and whilst they will be no push overs, we have the perfect opportunity to put things right. Hope we can hold  on to Keyes for while. Thought he looked a lot better second half when he took upon himself to try things as opposed to the first half instructions of keeping it (too) safe.

Good player is Joe Keyes but won't be long till he is injured sadly.

1 hour ago, DEANO said:

This is poor. Too many big time Charlie’s from sl looking for easy money

This is the problem now Deano. As a supporter I have always thought when we have been able to afford an ex sl player our season would turn around, and so many times I have been disappointed . I always laugh at teams that have sl aspersions ( leigh) and end up losing more games than they win most of the time with a hiding. All I can say is be careful for what you wish for. I'm sure things will turn around.

The only positive I'll take from tonight is Fordy will probably be with us longer now. On paper we have a strong enough squad, on match day its another matter. It was plain to see that in the final quarter the Eagles were there for the taking. But even before then Tony Rea said the Knights need to look at their attacking formations " because they are not working". He's said that every time on Our League.

Even allowing for injuries and changes in personnel  that was a POOR performance. Well done Sheffield for holding on.

Disappointing performance, but we never beat Sheffield at home, so nothing lost there. We had tons of possession in their 22, but no plan other than5 drives then kick, and teams at this level can defend that. I wouldn't pick out individuals, it does take time for a team to gel, and if I'm honest I think singling out ex SL players at this stage is unfair on them, and on Fordy.

Having said that, one or two players are going to have to step up a notch over the next few games, or we are in for a long, long season. Thought Sam Scott was immense tonight.

13 hours ago, DEANO said:

This is poor. Too many big time Charlie’s from sl looking for easy money

That's surprising all the big time Charlie’s from sl FEV have signed in the past have all done their bit showing the'ave  still got something to offer and the four from SL and the one from the NRL  this season have really put down a marker and are all playing out of their skins 

I'm sure the big time Charlie’s from sl  you'ave signed will have more good games than bad

The only problem with that is you need them all to be good at the same time😀

1 minute ago, POR said:

That's surprising all the big time Charlie’s from sl FEV have signed in the past have all done their bit showing the'ave  still got something to offer and the four from SL and the one from the NRL  this season have really put down a marker and are all playing out of their skins 

I'm sure the big time Charlie’s from sl  you'ave signed will have more good games than bad

The only problem with that is you need them all to be good at the same time😀

The vast majority of ex-SL players have done alright, Cuthbertson, Jones-Bishop, Dixon, Clarkson and Atkins have all done their bit, Kirmond great defensively if a bit of a penalty machine so far. Certainly wouldn't say they've been lazy or not making the effort. Dixon and Jones-Bishop in particular have been good every time they've played. Yet to see anything from Washbrook though, you'd never guess he's played top level RL if you didn't know.

What we'd give for Ben Cockayne in his 2018 form now, don't seem to have anyone with a bit of nouse who can grab the game by the scruff of the neck, you'd really think the likes of Washbrook would be doing that but he just seems to be there hanging about not doing much. But what do I know, I just sit on my backside shouting at the telly and hand cash over.

Really really disappointed with yesterday, frustrating to watch and we have been since beating Fev in the league in 2019. Hopefully we'll turn it around quickly with a proper dominant 80 minute performance cos if not the club will soon see a turnaround in goodwill.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

7 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

The vast majority of ex-SL players have done alright, Cuthbertson, Jones-Bishop, Dixon, Clarkson and Atkins have all done their bit, Kirmond great defensively if a bit of a penalty machine so far. Certainly wouldn't say they've been lazy or not making the effort. Dixon and Jones-Bishop in particular have been good every time they've played. Yet to see anything from Washbrook though, you'd never guess he's played top level RL if you didn't know.

What we'd give for Ben Cockayne in his 2018 form now, don't seem to have anyone with a bit of nouse who can grab the game by the scruff of the neck, you'd really think the likes of Washbrook would be doing that but he just seems to be there hanging about not doing much. But what do I know, I just sit on my backside shouting at the telly and hand cash over.

Really really disappointed with yesterday, frustrating to watch and we have been since beating Fev in the league in 2019. Hopefully we'll turn it around quickly with a proper dominant 80 minute performance cos if not the club will soon see a turnaround in goodwill.

Exactly right that's why I was surprised when someone posted 

Too many big time Charlie’s from sl looking for easy money

22 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

Agree with all that. I don't follow the big time charlies and money scenario. Yesterday I thought K. Dixon bust a gut for the club and has done every match. I'd like to see Atkins do more in attack but as others have mentioned he and other backs  are not getting used correctly. At Wire he had halves who put him away. Which leads me to the almost unmentionable, I'm sincerely hoping that a certain player wasn't just a two game wonder. Fordy was still trying to sound upbeat BUT did say without names that a few were below par yesterday. 

As fans we all have our own ideas but lets hope the boss can sort things out, surely this group of players are capable of far better than we witnessed yesterday. 

46 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

I agree about all our ex Super League players. 

A number of observations re the above.

It has been said in interview that the team are player-led this season, whatever you take that to be.

Brendan O'Hagan played with a self-admitted 'tight' hamstring yesterday.

It was said after the game that several players were 'off their game' yesterday and I can think of one or two who certainly weren't up their usual quality.

If you make mistakes at this level it costs and we made too many in that first half and handed a decent Eagles side the platform for Thackers to run the game. I watched Fev/Swinton and Haven/Thunder and in, both games, the team making the more errors lost.

Our 2019 performances were off the back of a largely settled team and squad. The injury situation has torpedoed any consistency of selection.

Unless you are Toulouse or Fev there will be a lot of 50-50 games this season ( Sparky's observation, not mine ).

Agree about Benny and, tbh, I'm still looking for someone to have the attacking influence of Graeme Horne.

iam still trying to understand why o hagen and dean were not our starting halfbacks , trained and played all pre season stuff together and looked to gel on the few occasions we have seen them together , joe keyes is a very good halfback who iam sure will be of great benefit to us , but surely he needs more than one or two training sessions to get used to our players and structures.

19 hours ago, Toby The Tram said:

and another point, it's disappointing that when we do break through the line and a player makes 60m or so, no one is busting a gut to support them. I appreciate we have some very fast players but there should be 3 or 4 ready to capatalise on the break with the next play. The fact Dixon and BJB had to slow down their PTBs tonight as we didn't have anyone in support is really disappointing.

Did our forwards actually break a tackle tonight all very well playing 4or 5 drives and kicking but you need your forwards to make yards when we have the ball,and the worrying think for knights is that opposition team's are going to work us out very quickly.Don't like coming on here giving the team or Fordy a hard time but that was really poor tonight

Archived