Batley(A) League Game

m brooksy

After a week off we travel to Batley for the early kick on Saturday.  With a very impressive second half showing against Swinton we'll be going there full of confidence although Batley's start has been very impressive beating Fax away in the cup and then pushing Fev very close twice in a row in league and cup. Think they've made some very impressive signings such as Gilmore and White in the halves but Elliot Hall is one to watch out for at full back been superb when i've seen him this year.

Hopefully we can have a few of the injured lads particularly Nelmes and Joy. Don't think Barran will be fit in team with a groin strain so i'd stick with Charnock and Hewitt in the halves. Think i'd keep the rest of the 17 the same as the Swinton game with maybe just a few minor changes such as Langtree back into the starting team.

UP THE YEDS

Think a win is a step too far for me at the moment - although  truly hope I'm wrong.  As Brooksy says, our impressive second half showing against Swinton should give the boys a lot of confidence so it's fingers crossed.  I would be over the moon with a win but would settle for a close game with a narrow loss.

Come on you Yeds!!!!!!!!! 

Tony Mac

If you’re going through hell, keep going – Winston Churchill

It looks like few on the Batley forum reckon it’s a foregone conclusion.

If our pack start to win the battle in the middle and we complete our sets well we’ll give them a good game.

They look strong in the halves like Swinton, but we managed to nullify theirs for large parts of the opening league game.

I’m looking forward to a good contest.

6 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

I think Disko's previous with them will stand us in good stead. Their fans, on the forum, think they'll batter us down the middle and smash us in the backs. I genuinely think they'll be in for a shock. Come on Oldham come on Oldham. 

Errrrr, not all!

I thought todays game would be a good indicator of where we will be competing in the league. Batley are a nailed on mid table team. Today told us we will be battling at the bottom again.

As for the game we cannot afford to give any that many penalties and repeat sets. Our execution with ball in hand mostly was sloppy.

Archived