Batley(A) League Game

m brooksy

Shocking performance looked really weak all over the pitch. Batley shouldn’t be putting that score on us with the team they’ve got. Just another point what’s the Twitter admin playing at with the tweet at the end of the game pretty embarrassing really.  

5 minutes ago, YoungYed said:

Shocking performance looked really weak all over the pitch. Batley shouldn’t be putting that score on us with the team they’ve got. Just another point what’s the Twitter admin playing at with the tweet at the end of the game pretty embarrassing really.  

Team we've put out? It's a championship side with 3/4 former Super league players in... we haven't been relegated since 2003 when the leagues changed 

Absolutely awful. Defence shocking in just about all areas. Down the middle were so passive and ineffective and then out wide everyone starts flying in leaving huge holes for the attack to exploit. Can't think of any positives at all

We didn't respect posession,  we tried to over do it. Also a couple of times we nearly got an interception only to fumble it and hand another set back to them, from which they scored. If those had come off then who knows? But batley made and took their chances. Unfortunately we won't be able to get our own back at ours. Next game London away, that should be interesting.

watching this game the thing that stands out to me is that we might have our biggest squad for years, but a lot of these players are not championship standard. the injury situation is now very bad and with these injuries it is possible with the team we have to put out could  lose our next 4 matches.to many young players with not enough experience.but sad to say they are not big enough for this brutal league.  

Diskin rarely picked the best team at Batley, he always had a beef with a couple and laid blame too easily, hope it doesn't transfer to his handling of your lads. It will be interesting too see what occurs after today. For your poster who reckoned we're no better than you and the one who said we were looking at a good win; you were basically a 1 man team today, only your no30 looked interested in making a game of it whilst we played as a unit of 17 from the start. This isn't meant as a pulling you down exercise, just an obvious conclusion drawn from the encounter. You clearly missed a couple of bigger lads, we weren't overly blessed with weight lads today, and nobody took on the role of leader for you whereas we had Leaky and Brown always taking you on and sniping. I can see you improving when you have a full, fit side, don't panic yet.

Stats-

Abram-4 tackles. 5 misses. one offload. 3 tackle busts. 5 carries=14m

Brierley-2 tackle. 2 misses. 4 tackle busts. one clean break. 7 carries=75m

Heaton-4 tackles. 3 misses. one offload. 4 tackle busts. one clean break. 3 carries=33m

Roberts-34 tackles. 7 misses. one offload. one tackle bust. 11 carries=51m

Ince-6 tackles. 2 offloads. 2 tackle busts. 2 clean breaks. 9 carries=103m

Charnock-15 tackles. 5 misses. 4 tackle busts. one clean break. 6 carries=41m

Hewitt-10 tackles. 2 misses. one tackle bust. 4 carries=13m

Nelmes-40 tackles. one miss. one offload. one tackle bust. one try assist. 12 carries=82m

Owen-25 tackles. 3 misses. 1 carry=0m

Spencer-30 tackles. 3 misses. 2 offloads. 22 carries=144m

Langtree-19 tackles. 8 misses. 2 offloads. 2 tackle busts. 12 carries=78m

Bridge-6 tackles. one offload. 2 carries=17m

Bent-68 tackles. 3 misses. one tackle bust. 13 carries=61m

subs

Dupree-21 tackles. 3 misses. one offload. 5 carries=28m

Fletcher-22 tackles. 5 carries=24m

Green-12 tackles. 2 misses. 3 tackle busts. 8 carries=48m

Gregory-30 tackles. one miss. one offload.2 tackle busts. one try assist. 8 carries=34m

Bent equals his own tackle record and Spencer tried his hardest but very poor all round aside from that.

It is still very early days in the season, try not to read too much in to Saturday's result.

From the games I've seen so far on current form, I'd put us in the top 4 behind Featherstone, Toulouse and Sheffield.

However, form is notoriously a fickle mistress, whether we have the class to carry it on for the rest of the season is yet to be seen, and sadly probably very unlikely.

The much fancied York and London seem to be stuck in the starting blocks. Widnes, Newcastle, Bradford and Halifax all look very beatable at the moment too.

However, I'm sure once things settle down, with teams starting to gel and hit the straps, we'll probably see some very different results as the season progresses.  

On 18/04/2021 at 09:04, Dave Naylor said:

There don't seem to be any tweets from the club account during the game? What was said?

“I never felt more like singing the blues, when Batley win and Oldham loose ohhh Oldham you’ve got me singing the blue”. Thought it was a bit ammeter and embarrassing straight after a heavy defeat.

Just now, YoungYed said:

“I never felt more like singing the blues, when Batley win and Oldham loose ohhh Oldham you’ve got me singing the blue”. Thought it was a bit ammeter and embarrassing straight after a heavy defeat.

*blues 

Archived