Jimmy Beckett

Blind side johnny

I see that we have signed Jimmy Beckett, a prop, on loan from Fev for the season. He is very young but a few of their fans rate him and believe there is a potentially very god player to be developed with the right coaching.

On the other hand we do seem to have a few props on the books and can only really play 4 any one week. I can imagine LG having his hands full trying to keep everyone happy.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

5 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

If he is well respected by the club and Fev’s fans rate him, how come he does not feature in their first team selection?

He has also been on loan with Oldham, but wasn’t retained, meaning?

Fev’s fans rate him, how come he does not feature in their first team selection?

FEV  fans do rate him

he's a young lad strong runner never takes a backward step and when he's played for FEV always performed which earned him a contract extension unfortunately at the mo FEV have signed props with hundreds of super league games on their belts so they get picked before him 

but wasn’t retained, meaning?  played in league 1 2019 and championship  in shortened 2020 oldham asked this year FEV said no

3 hours ago, Tangle said:

Scored to get us promoted very popular 

12 minutes ago, POR said:

Fev’s fans rate him, how come he does not feature in their first team selection?

FEV  fans do rate him

he's a young lad strong runner never takes a backward step and when he's played for FEV always performed which earned him a contract extension unfortunately at the mo FEV have signed props with hundreds of super league games on their belts so they get picked before him 

but wasn’t retained, meaning?  played in league 1 2019 and championship  in shortened 2020 oldham asked this year FEV said no

Good, that’s everything sorted then, but he’s probably going to shove one of our existing props out though. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

19 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Good, that’s everything sorted then, but he’s probably going to shove one of our existing props out though. 

That's sport for you.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

17 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

If he's better than one of our existing props then he'll get picked, if not he'll be back to Fev. 

Season long loan, note.

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Seem to remember Ben Reynolds was a season long loan....

True but we didn't send him back, did we?

6 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

True but we didn't send him back, did we?

Think Leigh were desperate to have him back due to an injury crisis in the backs... 

I do believe Mr beaumont was most apologetic to our club. 

The decision was not taken likely as we do have a good relationship with Leigh. 

11 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Merely pointing out that a "season long loan" isn't worth the paper it's written on 

I hate to be pedantic (not really) but the loan agreement, on paper, with Leigh did allow them to recall the player in exceptional circumstances. If I recall correctly the whole of the loan fee that we had paid to Leigh was refunded. So, yes, it is worth the paper that the agreement was written on.

There will be a similar agreement with Featherstone I have no doubt.

You may also notice elsewhere that Connor Scott, another prop, has decided to leave the club, so even more reason for this signing I guess.

13 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Merely pointing out that a "season long loan" isn't worth the paper it's written on 

really in any loan deal the parent club can recall their player but with the season loan deal means he  can only play for you and FEV 

due to the agreement FEV have made with you  FEV can't remove him and loan him to someone else so if FEV stay fit he's your player for at least the next 21 games  unless you decide to terminate or he get's injured 

11 minutes ago, POR said:

really in any loan deal the parent club can recall their player but with the season loan deal means he  can only play for you and FEV 

due to the agreement FEV have made with you  FEV can't remove him and loan him to someone else so if FEV stay fit he's your player for at least the next 21 games  unless you decide to terminate or he get's injured 

Which was the point made originally. If Connor Scott has left the Rams, then his signing makes more sense.

57 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Which was the point made originally. If Connor Scott has left the Rams, then his signing makes more sense.

Well he's been named in your 21 man squad on rfl site

On 12/04/2021 at 19:54, Blind side johnny said:

I see that we have signed Jimmy Beckett, a prop, on loan from Fev for the season. He is very young but a few of their fans rate him and believe there is a potentially very god player to be developed with the right coaching.

On the other hand we do seem to have a few props on the books and can only really play 4 any one week. I can imagine LG having his hands full trying to keep everyone happy.

I suppose BSJ I ought to make a comment about Beckett being a very God player but I’ll refrain from doing so...

2 hours ago, POR said:

and what's that got to do with jimmy???????

2 hours ago, POR said:

and what's that got to do with jimmy???????

Nothing, you replied to a mention of Connor Scott. That’s what ambiguity does. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

7 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Nothing, you replied to a mention of Connor Scott. That’s what ambiguity does. 

That's  true but you also mentioned jimmy with

then his signing makes more sense.

which is what I was replying to 😀

He did OK against Widnes. Big lad, very keen, still a bit green but plenty of potential which LG will be working on.

21 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

He did OK against Widnes. Big lad, very keen, still a bit green but plenty of potential which LG will be working on.

True BSJ he only played about an hour in two preseason friendlies this year so still a bit ring rusty  I'm sure with regular game time and working with the team in training  he will improve no end and hopefully you will see what we'ave seen in him at FEV

Archived