Sun 18 Apr: League 1 Pre-Season Games Match Thread

14 hours ago, clwydianrange said:

Looking forward to the first game for the Crusaders. With the players that we’ve retained and the ones we’ve added we will surprise a few this year.

And for sad statos like me, it's 406 days since the Cru's last game! All we need to know now is when the Welsh government is going to allow us to have speccies at Queensway. They're talking about trial events with 1000 people (we should be so lucky), but no dates.

1 hour ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

And for sad statos like me, it's 406 days since the Cru's last game! All we need to know now is when the Welsh government is going to allow us to have speccies at Queensway. They're talking about trial events with 1000 people (we should be so lucky), but no dates.

Hope it’s soon CC.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

5 hours ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Is it still the plan to leave Queensway? I remember a football ground was touted a couple of years back? As good a place for NWC the ground may be, it’s not the best for spectators or attracting new fans.

3 hours ago, welshmagpie said:

Is it still the plan to leave Queensway? I remember a football ground was touted a couple of years back? As good a place for NWC the ground may be, it’s not the best for spectators or attracting new fans.

Don't know any details, but the club apparently was looking at other options. I know that they were interested in going in with Cefn Druids of the Welsh Premier league, but their new artificial pitch wasn't suitable for Rugby.

2 hours ago, welshmagpie said:

With most of the football clubs now having 3G pitches which are not suitable for rugby, we are basically stuck at Queensway for the foreseeable future. The only advantage is that it is cheap, very cheap. I think we are fortunate that it was developed as an athletics stadium in the early 1980s, otherwise we would have nowhere to play.

I know the club want to be involved in the pilot scheme for the return of crowds in Wales. You would think ourselves and West Wales would be ideal candidates, as they are talking about crowds of between 200 and 1,000, but we will just have to wait and see. There is talk of possibly playing a home game in England, as it looks like we might be able to watch our team on English grounds but not on our home ground. 🙄

It was reported in the local press a couple of months ago that the club are still keen to return to the Racecourse. It might be wishful thinking, but the football club is now under new ownership, but again we will have to wait and see if they are more accommodating than the Wrexham Supporters Trust, who alienated just about everyone who tried to work with them (including some of their own supporters).

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

On 14/04/2021 at 18:43, fearnowt said:

It was reported in the local press a couple of months ago that the club are still keen to return to the Racecourse. It might be wishful thinking, but the football club is now under new ownership, but again we will have to wait and see if they are more accommodating than the Wrexham Supporters Trust, who alienated just about everyone who tried to work with them (including some of their own supporters).

I did have a cunning plan for this......

Find out if Deadp... sorry Ryan Reynolds and the other bloke know Russell Crowe* (did you know he has family ties to Wrexham? my Mrs is a distant cousin of his!!)

With all the Community noises they are making (and doing already, in all fairness to them) it could be seen as a good way of pulling the whole town together if we could persuade them to have a word in his ear about taking an interest in Cru and when he's on-board, I'm sure we could get him to get RR and other bloke to let us play at the Racecourse again....

...it's worth a try....

* just in case you didn't know, he owns/part-owns South Sydney Rabbitohs, so footy's in his blood 🙂

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

Enjoyed the Cumbrian derby game, a good hit out friendly from both clubs concidering all the interchanges. Workington had a good dig in the second half and had a chance to win the game . Barrow looked stronger most of the game and with their Captain Dalimore at Standoff and both Walne Brothers to come into the starting 13 they will be much stronger for the start of the league. 

Archived