Sat 17-Sun 18 Apr: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, YCKonstantine said:

Do we do any training in attack? That's now only 12 points in 5 halves of rugby, 1 try of which was an interception, and the other the kick off the end of a set from an interception. 

Really not looking good at all.

At the moment, looking like a pound shop Wire 😉

Pen Eagles York 10 Sheffield 20

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

York 14 Eagles 20

that's a bad miss....

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

York have now lost 8 consecutive league and play off games, going back to the penultimate game of 2019.

Lack of a settled half back combination is killing us.  Very few chances created, despite ample possession. 

However, on the bright side, the 2 losses this year were also losses in 2019, if that's any consolation. 

2 minutes ago, gavin7094 said:

York have now lost 8 consecutive league and play off games, going back to the penultimate game of 2019.

Lack of a settled half back combination is killing us.  Very few chances created, despite ample possession. 

However, on the bright side, the 2 losses this year were also losses in 2019, if that's any consolation. 

As I said on the York page, we've discovered over the past couple of seasons both winning and losing are a habit. And right now, despite a plethora of ex-superleage players, we can't buy a win for love nor money.

Archived