Fri 16 Apr: SL: St Helens v Wakefield Trinity KO 18:00

Who will win?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/04/21 at 17:30

Typical 2nd half start. Kershaw error gifts Saints a try in 1st minute.  Messed up a nothing kick.  6 - 0 saints. Here we go.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

12 - 0 then back to back penalties for Saints. Wakey hanging on now.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

Grubber from Lomax has Hampshire and Kershaw running in treacle.  18 -0

54 minutes.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

Final Score 34 - 6

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

4 hours ago, Wakey Til I Die said:

I actually think we’ll put up a good fight in this one. We won’t get near winning and i expect Saints to pull away late on but there’s zero pressure or expectation on us and thats when we normally decide to turn up. I’m reckoning around the 38-12 ballpark. 

A try out each way, not that bad a prediction. 

On 15/04/2021 at 17:58, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Tom Johnstone not only misses this game but now being stood down for 4 weeks to allow full recovery from recent HIA/Concussion incident.  

Does he ever play more than 3 games in a row? always seems to be injured

Not the best performance, with the 1st half being dire by Saints. But full credit to Wakey in the first 40mins, and Westerman had a good game. But the second half was one sided, Mako’s goal kicking is excellent. 
Finally Adrian Morley was a brilliant RL player, but a co-commentator (or whatever they call them) he is not. He is dreadful. 

6 hours ago, Josef K said:

Not the best performance, with the 1st half being dire by Saints. But full credit to Wakey in the first 40mins, and Westerman had a good game. But the second half was one sided, Mako’s goal kicking is excellent. 
Finally Adrian Morley was a brilliant RL player, but a co-commentator (or whatever they call them) he is not. He is dreadful. 

Makinson in in cracking goal kick form at the moment.  How Shudds must have wished Sezer could have been as accurate an hour or two later.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

9 hours ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Makinson in in cracking goal kick form at the moment.  How Shudds must have wished Sezer could have been as accurate an hour or two later.

I listened to the HKR game on BBC Radio Humberside “WWW” and i was surprised with Sezer missing the goals, he obviously isn’t match fit. Coote is the same for Saints he’s definitely not 100% yet, if only we had “A Team” RL so they could have a run out. 

On 14/04/2021 at 17:39, Wholly Trinity said:

Not that I'm pessimistic, but if Trinity score more points than Sts score tries, I'll count it as a win.

Apologies for the self-quote, but I think I'll be sticking to my new scoring system for a while. 

An honourable draw 6 tries to 6 points is much more palatable. The weekend seems so much better now.

#deluded 

Finally got round to watching the game. Terrible 1st half (from both teams to be fair), Child just never let the game flow at all and the game was one of the slowest i've seen for a while. Saints certainly didn't help themselves with numerous unforced errors and poor discipline, in part at frustration to Child i'd imagine, culminating in Bentley getting 10 in the bin for finally telling him he'd made yet another reffing mistake !

2nd half completely different story. Saints cut-out a lot of the errors and blew Wakey off the field as the game sped up. More direct running form the forwards (instead of just the same old drop off pass play), and greater width on most of their plays.

Welsby was superb, and while he still comes up with a few errors he seems to have found his natural position in the centres, he left Reece Lynne grasping at thin air all night. Pretty impressed with the other youngsters as well in Wingfield & Dodd. Wolfe finally gave Dodd some time in the halves in the 2nd half and while Saints were already in control by this point their attack looked pretty good around him.

Despite being appalling in attack in the 1st half Saints defence still looked strong. One area of concern though is just like the Leeds game they gave up a really soft try on their own line, largely through poor communication and some bad reads. This is something they'll need to tighten up on as the season progresses.

So overall a pretty mixed bag, but at this stage its just about winning games and building up to the business end of the season

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Archived