Thu 15 Apr: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors KO 19:45 (Sky)

Who will win?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/04/21 at 19:15

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Surely it has be the Whino's by at least 50+ given the worlds greatest half back ever is making his debut for them 😉

You're like a jilted lover. It was a decade ago, let it go. He's found new friends now.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

I am going for Leeds, Wigan have played the bottom two SL clubs and a Championship Club all of which are yet to win a game this season and even the most hardened Wigan can say they have been really convincing. 

Leeds by 2 scores.

The most hardened Wigan fan can say they are convincing, interesting. Personally I think Wigan have got off to their usual unconvincing start.

Leeds were impressive against Saints considering they had hardly any recognised back-liners in the team (but still lost), can Agar get away with the same tactics twice if they are still decimated in the backs, it will be interesting to find out.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

23 minutes ago, Ramon Rojo said:

Probably a comfortable Wigan victory but you never know with Leeds. Bit like a once respected car, went like a dream in the past, nowadays spotted on the hard shoulder by half time.

I wouldn't say Leeds were on the hard shoulder in the second half on Saturday.

I thought they did very well considering they had 12 men, no half backs and were playing the all conquering champions 

4 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Wigan have been poor but I think they’ll have just too much for Leeds who have 10+ players out injured.

That's interesting. Who are the ten from this weeks squad who will be dropped when the 10 missing are back?

I was quite impressed with Leeds against Cas & Saints albeit they lost both. I expect they'll battle hard again but with a similar outcome.

5 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Wigan have been poor but I think they’ll have just too much for Leeds who have 10+ players out injured.

I suppose it's bad luck for Leeds to have injuries and if it keeps on and results in a series of losses that will be the sole reason, but when clubs like Wakefield, HKR and Leigh are dealt the same hand with injuries it just doesn't get mentioned by you as they are sh-ite and deserve everthing they get.

3 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

That's interesting. Who are the ten from this weeks squad who will be dropped when the 10 missing are back?

I was quite impressed with Leeds against Cas & Saints albeit they lost both. I expect they'll battle hard again but with a similar outcome.

People like Liam Sutcliffe and McLelland and arguably even Myler who would walk into the current team aren't first choice in their positions. They're missing the second and third choice players in some places.

34 minutes ago, M j M said:

People like Liam Sutcliffe and McLelland and arguably even Myler who would walk into the current team aren't first choice in their positions. They're missing the second and third choice players in some places.

worlds-smallest-violin-2.jpg

Is Tom Holroyd injured?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

What's weird with Leeds' injury list is how its hit the backs really hard - notably full back, centre and halfback - whereas we're close to full strength in the forwards except for Holroyd and Tetevano.  That and the fact quite a few of the injured players haven't even played a game makes it odd.

As for sympathy? I'm not sure who's asking for any.  As an explanation for a poor performance/result it makes sense for Leeds, but also does for any other team. 

Have I wandered onto RLFans by mistake?

This thread should be interesting once the game starts if the build up is anything to go by.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

14 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

I don’t think theres 10 out that would automatically get in the 17 but having so many out does impact what you can do with your squad and tactics. Anyway I count 6 that would definitely be in the starting 13

Myler

Handley

Newman

Hurrell

Lui

Gale

And not looking for violins just answering the question. All clubs suffer these injury problems from time to time and the positive is we get to give dome of the youngsters a run out which could pay dividends down the line.

Archived