Thu 15 Apr: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors KO 19:45 (Sky)

Who will win?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/04/21 at 19:15

4 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

And Wigan score from it Im not one for bashing refs but that’s appalling 

No it wasn’t, just like the claim earlier of a perfect example of a loose carry, that was a perfect example of a man not regaining his feet before playing the ball.

You can’t have it both ways.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

No it wasn’t, just like the claim earlier of a perfect example of a loose carry, that was a perfect example of a man not regaining his feet before playing the ball.

You can’t have it both ways.

Fine what about all the others in the game then, if the ref is being that pedantic he’s got to be consistent i could go through that game abd point out many play the balls that were worse if you are taking it to the letter if the law

Good effort from Leeds, but they need a few key players back.

Solid but mostly unspectacular from Wigan, but they got the job done.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

Fine what about all the others in the game then, if the ref is being that pedantic he’s got to be consistent i could go through that game abd point out many play the balls that were worse if you are taking it to the letter if the law

As could any of us , but if you feel that strong about it , take up the whistle , it's easy 😂

Also wiping tackle count not consistent

He correctly gave the penalty. Both sides were equally guilty of rolling the play the ball, but so are every other club in the league.

I thought the incorrect play the ball call was harsh FWIW. I commented during the Wigan v Leigh game when Bateman got hurt. He dropped the ball but the referee allowed Wigan to keep possession because he was hurt. So you'd like to see some sort of consistency applied.

Leeds are clearly lacking in quality with the players that are missing, but as was the case last week, that was a hugely committed performance. They will take positives from that.

As for Wigan. I aren't totally convinced yet. 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

As could any of us , but if you feel that strong about it , take up the whistle , it's easy 😂

I don’t feel that strong about it, if you read what I wrote I said im not one for bashing refs, i just thought that particular penalty wes ridiculously pedantic 

1 minute ago, MZH said:

I thought the incorrect play the ball call was harsh FWIW. I commented during the Wigan v Leigh game when Bateman got hurt. He dropped the ball but the referee allowed Wigan to keep possession because he was hurt. So you'd like to see some sort of consistency applied.

Leeds are clearly lacking in quality with the players that are missing, but as was the case last week, that was a hugely committed performance. They will take positives from that.

As for Wigan. I aren't totally convinced yet. 

Way well that's because it was Leigh 

Credit to Leeds they did about as well as you could expect with a few key men missing. Richard Agar has certainly got them well drilled defensively. They rarely looked like scoring though.

Wigan are well below their best - they'll save that for the business end - but they keep winning anyway. They will probably have a hiccup or two in the first half of the season but I'll still take them to end up champions.

3 minutes ago, JohnM said:

I'm OK with six again. The really bad rule is the new ball strip rule. Teams wise to it already.  Its a nonsense. 😡😡😡😡😡😡

Id like to see offload stats against the same time last season! It wouldn’t surprise me to see them well below ehat they were.

They need to reverse the decision to change the rule, it’s making every tackle a wrestle fest

19 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

And what about the other 300 incorrect play the balls?

The PTB are embarrassing in our game , one of the first things we teach kids is to play the ball correctly but for whatever reason this goes out the window , watch the NRL they do it right and the game flows , our game is going backwards fast in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

Credit to Leeds they did about as well as you could expect with a few key men missing. Richard Agar has certainly got them well drilled defensively. They rarely looked like scoring though.

Wigan are well below their best - they'll save that for the business end - but they keep winning anyway. They will probably have a hiccup or two in the first half of the season but I'll still take them to end up champions.

Irrespective of Leeds being well drilled, Wigan scored 4 tries.  So Agar still has some work to do.

3 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Id like to see offload stats against the same time last season! It wouldn’t surprise me to see them well below ehat they were.

They need to reverse the decision to change the rule, it’s making every tackle a wrestle fest

Exactly , not really something to improve the game as a spectacle 

56 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Fully expect Leeds to get all their missing players back for their game against us ( Leigh ) 🙄

Well Wigan were without 5 backs in their first game of the season. 2 wingers, a Center, a fullback and a stand off. Which remains the case now. And thinking of Case, he was missing in the first game as well.

So all the comments of Leeds missing players, Wigan had 2 forwards playing center... And one of them scored 2 tries!

Not a night for wingers though.

I enjoyed the game, and have enjoyed pretty much all the games so far this year. I think starting in March is such a good idea. I think Leeds could be really good when they get their men back. I thought Eastmond looked superb considering the 10 year gap since his last game of top class rugby. 

Wigan have really impressed me all year - we have so much young talent, such fitness and play an open brand of rugby, that will work far better when Gildart, French and Manfredi are fit (and then Marshall and Friend at some point). I really like what Lam has instilled in us. We look like a team that knows what we are doing. 

Archived