Batley v Oldham Match thread

Batley Bob

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13/04/2021 at 21:37, Piggy's mate said:

We'll stop them in the forwards and rip em to bits in the backs, Batley by 26

I'm far too cautious 😁

Solid effort and looked the better team from the the first set of six tbh and apart from the last 10 mins where we made many errors a very dominat display. Hooley looks very good at fullback and the White/Gilmore combo is taking us nicely around the park. Who's next for a drubbing?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Good performance. Oldham made too many mistakes, inviting us back onto the attack. Backs look much more incisive than in recent seasons, forwards all played well and team spirit, goal-line defence back to what we would expect. Very good start to the weekend, plus Bromley won away at Chesterfield and might almost make the playoffs. Happy!

We have to continue next week at home to Widnes, todays win will not mean much (apart from it shows  we are capable of staying in the division) if  we do not beat  teams which are like us rated a middle of the table team although either team could move in to the top of the table contenders.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

We played with a smile on faces something that's been missing over the last few years 

oldham were a typical diskin team tried to the win the wrestle and slow the game down we played with speed in attack and defence without 3-4 players missing 

Gilmore white and Hooley/hall look good with ball in hand the pass from Buchanan for the hall wow... what a pass 

27 minutes ago, ernieone said:

Perhaps Widnes are not as good as I gave them credit for 😃

I don't think they are. I think people have predicted a decent position on the fact that they are well........ Widnes! However, they are more than likely to turn into the world's best team by next weekend.

Just hope Tom Gilmore went off as a precaution seeing as the game was won. If it had been a bad injury surely he wouldn't have been sent back out after the break? We need him keeping fit, him an Whitey are starting to be something decent.

I get why Gilmore stopped goal kicking after his knock, but why didn't Morton take over rather than Hooley, who missed a few I wonder?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Archived