World Cup Tickets

Now tickets are on general sale you can see availability for each game, in terms of low, medium or high. There’s no sell outs but a fair few where availability is apparently low (whatever that means), including the Emirates semi final which I’m pleased about as I thought they might struggle to sell too many there. NZ’s tickets seem to be selling better than Australia’s too. 

https://tickets.rlwc2021.com/showProductList.html

Various posts removed.

Look, a reminder, we have a policy on here to keep discussions about Covid and vaccines off the RL forum (otherwise it wouldn't be long before every damn thread was on the same topic).

If you want to discuss the World Cup in here, do it in the context that it is happening as scheduled, until such time as the organisers tell us anything different.

If you want to discuss the pandemic or the vaccines or the lockdown and their impact on any aspect of society - including Rugby League - then do it in the place where those discussions have been restricted on here to since the pandemic began - see link below.

https://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php?/forum/509-political-discussions/

Also, one further notice about forum etiquette: we do not approve of people quoting someone else's posts and rewriting them to say something completeley different, then smugly adding 'fixed that for you'. Don't do it.

Now, back to the World Cup!

13 hours ago, Eddie said:

Now tickets are on general sale you can see availability for each game, in terms of low, medium or high. There’s no sell outs but a fair few where availability is apparently low (whatever that means), including the Emirates semi final which I’m pleased about as I thought they might struggle to sell too many there. NZ’s tickets seem to be selling better than Australia’s too. 

https://tickets.rlwc2021.com/showProductList.html

I'm very hopeful of a big crowd for that Emirates game. The only one scheduled for London and a new RL venue to boot, so any southern-based RL fans have surely homed right in on that one. Been too long since we've had England down here too - really looking forward to it.

4 minutes ago, Dr Tim Whatley said:

I'm very hopeful of a big crowd for that Emirates game. The only one scheduled for London and a new RL venue to boot, so any southern-based RL fans have surely homed right in on that one. Been too long since we've had England down here too - really looking forward to it.

I like your optimism that England will definitely be playing!

It’s the nearest one to me too, I did want to go but have weekends away for the QF the weekend before and the final the weekend after, so I didn’t think it would go down to well with the missus if I went to that as well. 

7 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I like your optimism that England will definitely be playing!

It’s the nearest one to me too, I did want to go but have weekends away for the QF the weekend before and the final the weekend after, so I didn’t think it would go down to well with the missus if I went to that as well. 

Hosting a World Cup where the home team are total busts? Let's leave that to the code 😁

I've made this game my 'family one'  - I'll have some ground to recover after my Coventry>>Bolton>>Doncaster road trip a couple of weeks before...

16 minutes ago, Dr Tim Whatley said:

Yep, I bought 6 tickets for that early on. It's been quite an easy sell for non RL mates: World cup semi final - England - Emirates, even at £50 a go (which is less than the average Arsenal ticket in the same stadium).

Selling RL in London isn't rocket science... big games in big stadiums     

15 minutes ago, Eddie said:

In a situation like that Ed, I always go for the ` hey it`s only once a year ` line, always said of course in the appropriate pleading tone !

1 minute ago, The Rocket said:

In a situation like that Ed, I always go for the ` hey it`s only once year ` line, always said of course in the appropriate pleading tone !

There's always the old "easier to ask for forgiveness than permission" adage as well 😉

6 minutes ago, Dr Tim Whatley said:

There's always the old "easier to ask for forgiveness than permission" adage as well 😉

Unfortunately in this household Tim, we live by Rumpole`s old maxim " She who must be obeyed ".

2 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Unfortunately in this household Tim, we live by Rumpole`s old maxim " She who must be obeyed ".

It’s hard with young kids as well, in principle I doubt if my wife would give a t055 if I went to every game and she didn’t see me for a month. 

7 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It’s hard with young kids as well, in principle I doubt if my wife would give a t055 if I went to every game and she didn’t see me for a month. 

I did think Tim`s `this is the family one` was a masterstroke though, get that out of the road and, well now where was I.

Possibly mentioned elsewhere, but I like what the RLWC are doing on Twitter, RTing good action clips and then putting it in a RLWC context ("come see this guy play at stadium X this autumn"). All helps to whet the appetite and hopefully flog plenty more tickets

Been holding off buying tickets for the obvious reasons. Planning attending around 4 games. Had a look at the opening match and I was looking to choose seats ( like at the CC final) but doesn't seem to let you. Can't risk being on Row A, too low down.....so will wait and see.

Saying that, is it crazy to say I almost hope I can't get tickets for the opening game and the semifinal if they are sold out - I'm such a fan of RL I would forfit being there if the games were completely sold out.

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Well (I am in Spain at the moment working) called the wife today and she told me that she had already bought 500 tickets for clients and is looking to buy more 🙂

I just hope that everything goes ahead BRING IT ON🙂

And she only works in the local spar....

21 hours ago, Dr Tim Whatley said:

my Coventry>>Bolton>>Doncaster road trip a couple of weeks before...

I was about to add some snarky comment about what a glamorous road trip this would be. But it looks like I have tickets for the same venues 🙂 

1 hour ago, JonM said:

I was about to add some snarky comment about what a glamorous road trip this would be. But it looks like I have tickets for the same venues 🙂 

North Bolton is a picture postcard my friend - you’re in heaven.

Perhaps not that time of year though...

In fact pack your woolies and waterproofs!

I'm really looking forward to the Emirates semi final, I've not had chance to go there yet and always like a day or two in and around the capital, I was lucky enough to get complimentary tickets through the NHS/frontline/key workers promotion, so something to really look forward to.

Just on the sale of tickets, I happened across a social media post where they were bemoaning ticket prices, needless to say I didn't stay and read for long when I got the jist of the complaints were that tickets at £25 for a world cup were "scandalous" etc.

I guess that's what happens when the game sells itself short consistently.

23 hours ago, Toby Chopra said:

Yep, I bought 6 tickets for that early on. It's been quite an easy sell for non RL mates: World cup semi final - England - Emirates, even at £50 a go (which is less than the average Arsenal ticket in the same stadium).

Selling RL in London isn't rocket science... big games in big stadiums     

And actually marketing and promoting them!

2 hours ago, meast said:

I'm really looking forward to the Emirates semi final, I've not had chance to go there yet and always like a day or two in and around the capital, I was lucky enough to get complimentary tickets through the NHS/frontline/key workers promotion, so something to really look forward to.

Just on the sale of tickets, I happened across a social media post where they were bemoaning ticket prices, needless to say I didn't stay and read for long when I got the jist of the complaints were that tickets at £25 for a world cup were "scandalous" etc.

Honestly? They all seemed quite reasonably priced to me.

Not many World Cups where you can get a ticket for a pony.

Last new RL ground (96): Queensway Stadium - North Wales v South Wales 25/6/17

1 hour ago, Black Country Wire said:

Honestly? They all seemed quite reasonably priced to me.

Not many World Cups where you can get a ticket for a pony.

Mad, isn't it? I'm pretty happy with having paid £100 for a family of four at The Emirates.

Sure I'll be less happy with the price of a pint once I'm there 😁

7 hours ago, meast said:

I went to the Emirates a few years ago for a gig and have always thought it would be perfect for a rugby game, I don't think there will be a bad seat in the house. I couldn't get some people who expressed an interest to commit initially, but we're all sorted now - 8 of us going to that game, really looking forward to it

Tickets sorted for the opener, Anfield and the final, fancy one or two more games but will sort them closer to the time

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

Archived