NRL Match Thread - Round 6 - 2021

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brisbane Broncos vs Penrith Panthers, 7:50pm at Suncorp Stadium

Broncos team: 1. Jamayne Isaako 2. Xavier Coates 3. Richard Kennar 5. David Mead 21. Corey Oates 6. Brodie Croft 7. Tom Dearden 8. Matthew Lodge 9. Jake Turpin 10. Payne Haas 11. Alex Glenn 12. Tevita Pangai Junior 13. Patrick Carrigan 14. John Asiata 15. Thomas Flegler 16. Ethan Bullemor 17. Jordan Riki 18. Rhys Kennedy 19. Cory Paix

Players cut: 4. Jesse Arthars 20. Keenan Palasia

Late mail: Queensland Origin winger Corey Oates will make his NRL return after the recalled Jesse Arthurs was ruled out on Thursday night due to illness. Oates will line up on the wing with David Mead likely shifting to centre.

Thomas Flegler is also suffering battling an illness. If he doesn’t make the cut, Rhys Kennedy looms as the most likely replacement but Broncos coach Kevin Walters is optimistic.

“He missed training yesterday, he’s a bit crook but I’m a lot more confident Tom’s appearance - all the news coming through is he’s going to be fine,” Walters told RadioTAB on Thursday morning.

Panthers team: 1. Stephen Crichton 2. Charlie Staines 3. Paul Momirovski 4. Matt Burton 5. Brian To’o 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Moses Leota 9. Mitch Kenny 10. James Fisher-Harris 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Kurt Capewell 13. Isaah Yeo 14. Tyrone May 15. Spencer Leniu 16. Matthew Eisenhuth 17. Liam Martin 18. Scott Sorensen 21. Jaeman Salmon

Players cut: 19. Robert Jennings 20. J’maine Hopgood

Referee: Grant Atkins

Late mail: Expected to be 1-17.

Morning! This could be a spanking for the Broncos.

They're so desperate, there's talk of them bringing back Karmichael Hunt.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Morning! This could be a spanking for the Broncos.

They're so desperate, there's talk of them bringing back Karmichael Hunt.

The only hope I see for the Horsies is that Penrith go out expecting to score 50 and overplay it.

Just now, Graham said:

To’o always makes good yards even when being tackled. He’s v powerful for a relatively small man.

He's been compared to Matt Utai, but there's a bit of Jason Robinson about him too.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Caped Crusader scores again!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Try to Pangai.

Broncos leading after 20 minutes - wouldn't have expected that!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

That lead's gone for a Burton, as Penrith exploit a big gap. Cleary converts.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pangai's scored at one end, and saves one at the other.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bullimore scores under the sticks for the Broncos! Brisbane looking better (so far) than their previous form, although there are still glaring defensive problems at times.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Brisbane Broncos 12:10 Penrith Panthers at HT.

isAGTSE.jpg

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived