Putting Leigh in SL is the biggest mistake RL ever made (Merged threads)

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Nah I don't agree, Leigh's squad is full of Championship players and Toronto cast offs 

And which ever club was appointed would have recieved half the funding of their opponents, with no time to recruit or prep.

Whether you agree or not, those are the facts. Which ever team took that spot they'd have a championship squad and similar result. 

Delbert wanted the spot for leigh. I'm glad fev's application was unsuccessful 

Just now, The Daddy said:

When Leigh start winning matches I'll change the record 

They’re doing exactly as expected

I very much doubt any other team would have done better, even Toulouse

It was a poisoned chalice and was always going to pan out like this

6 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Toulouse would certainly have won several home games, French teams not easy to beat at home. 

Even when Catalan nearly got relegated a few years ago they managed to win a number of home games 

And lost to Leigh , but stick in a Toulouse team right now with a winger having to play prop and 3 hookers in the 17 and they'd win nothing home or away 

Either way you or I can prove or disprove nothing , done with it , moan all you like 

2 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

And which ever club was appointed would have recieved half the funding of their opponents, with no time to recruit or prep.

Whether you agree or not, those are the facts. Which ever team took that spot they'd have a championship squad and similar result. 

Delbert wanted the spot for leigh. I'm glad fev's application was unsuccessful 

Which player do Leigh have that's better than Peyroux? Which player is better than Garbutt? Which player with the skill of Gigot? 

I stand by my opinion that both Toulouse and Fev would do much better than Leigh. Leigh have just recruited old Leigh players and Championship players 

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

And lost to Leigh , but stick it a Toulouse team right now with a winter having to play prop and 3 hookers in the 17 and they'd win nothing home or away 

Either way you or I can prove or disprove nothing , done with it , moan all you like 

I still hope leigh win a game or two

Just now, The Daddy said:

Which player do Leigh have that's better than Peyroux? Which player is better than Garbutt? Which player with the skill of Gigot? 

I stand by my opinion that both Toulouse and Fev would do much better than Leigh. Leigh have just recruited old Leigh players and Championship players 

No they wouldn't. Fev will beat toulouse.... yes I genuinely think that.... and fev would lose to leigh.

Make no.mistake, leigh getting the gig gave us a reight shot this year. I'm glad delbert took the opportunity. 

Every single applicant would now be in the same position

6 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

No they wouldn't. Fev will beat toulouse.... yes I genuinely think that.... and fev would lose to leigh.

Make no.mistake, leigh getting the gig gave us a reight shot this year. I'm glad delbert took the opportunity. 

Every single applicant would now be in the same position

Fev have a good team and a better team than Leigh also. Brett Ferres, Craig Hall, Harrison, Bussey and several others all better than Leigh's 

#SuperLeagueReady was the belief for Leigh.

They would be a stronger club in 2021

https://leighrl.co.uk/wp/v2/blog/2020/11/30/leigh-centurions-make-formal-application-for-betfred-super-league-2021/

I sometimes wonder how followers of other 'professional ' sports view rugby league.It's certainly controversial,for all the wrong reasons,a majority of the time.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Just now, Angelic Cynic said:

#SuperLeagueReady was the belief for Leigh.

They would be a stronger club in 2021

https://leighrl.co.uk/wp/v2/blog/2020/11/30/leigh-centurions-make-formal-application-for-betfred-super-league-2021/

I sometimes wonder how followers of other 'professional ' sports view rugby league.It's certainly controversial,for all the wrong reasons,a majority of the time.

Football fans would just see Leigh come up, be rubbish and get relegated. Something that happens in their sport quite a lot. 

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

I see we have the majority of the London supporters ganging up together on this thread, what a load of carp, like their team pretty useless.

We made a decent fist last time we were in SL; I think I am correct in saying we won 10 games without going overboard with crazy overseas singings and having faith in our academy.

Why did SL allow this to happen in the first place? Bringing a club up at the last minute, so no time to recruit, then giving them less money than anybody else. This was always going to happen. Too much self interest from the other SL clubs, knowing that the promoted club would go back down again thus securing their places for another year

3 hours ago, Magic XIII said:

We made a decent fist last time we were in SL; I think I am correct in saying we won 10 games without going overboard with crazy overseas singings and having faith in our academy.

I totally agree, one of the best seasons ever for a team that got relegated. With hindsight ,what a pity they did get relegated. If they had been allowed to stay instead of making way for a failed side, they had the basic foundations in place. I am sure they would have built on what they had and would have been a decent SL side by now.

13 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

I totally agree, one of the best seasons ever for a team that got relegated. With hindsight ,what a pity they did get relegated. If they had been allowed to stay instead of making way for a failed side, they had the basic foundations in place. I am sure they would have built on what they had and would have been a decent SL side by now.

True that just lool at last seasons bottom placed side this year!!

Archived