Barrow game

IanMac

I see we have 7 trialists on Sunday, plus all the squad minus Elliot, Adam Ramsden and Jordan Thomson who are injured. Even though we can’t get down to Derwent Park it’ll be great to be able to watch it on the our league app. Hopefully be a good hit out for both teams with no injuries. UTT

It’ll be interesting to see how we go against a pretty big forward pack now that we have lost most of our size with Dawson and fui,I guess we are going for more speed and agility with a more mobile pack(I maybe shouldn’t give our game plan away Chris will go mad ) but I’m really looking forward to the game and try not to take too much from the game,as if 😜 utt

Town weren't as bad as the commentator was making out... some good play 1st half

Interesting that ollie said perry didn't enjoy Barrow  and ollie himself didn't either...🤔

We started really well but errors, penalties and some seriously dubious decisions have put us on the back foot. Look good when we are moving it wide and for the first 40 minutes in over 12 months can’t complain really. Get Ollie on sky, love his comments!

That's frustrating, stupid mistake on our own line took the game away from us. But a good hit out and we scored some nice tries, playing some good rugby. Barrow possibly deserved the win but there wasn't much between the 2 teams. Defensively I thought we were very good, really got fired in and dominated in the 2nd half. Maybe lacked a bit of cohesion in attack but I suppose it's to be expected this early. 

A good hit out for the squad. Thought they all acquitted themselves well, including the trialists who got quite a lot of game time, and certainly plenty of promise for the season. Interesting to hear Ollie say they are not expecting too much this year but are looking to build through Chris’s 4 years. Pretty good production through our league as well, good to be able to watch them. UTT

We had a good dig there . Defended strongly but again two tries from dummy half is annoying . That spell in the second half at 18-16 we had lots of chances but we were not sharp or clinical at all -with the changes and  not playing for so long it was understandable . What was really irritating was their winning try , great work by the kid there to get back into play and our players are stood there oblivious to everything and no one got to dummy half . Chris should be spitting at that . I didn’t think much of them tbh , and overall plenty to build on for us good blow out for the lads . 

For a first hit out in over 12 months and the fractured nature so many interchanges brings, I was impressed. 

Barrow are massive favourites for the league. And to lose by a last minute try and a try that was a clear knock on in the build up isn't bad at all. 

Defensive aggression was a big positive giving the concern shown by some fans on our lack big lads. Main positives I picked out were how Dec looked Sharpe and trim, Pez in the 2nd row has more of an impact and you could see how desperate all the trialists were to earn a contract.

All in all, just great to see us play.

I think we need to give the ref some leeway too the same as we make some allowance for player mistakes, he also hasn't been involved a game for god knows how long I expect. 

Ollie Wilkes was good on commentary, interesting he mentioned the way he enjoyed his time at Town much more than Barrow.

13 minutes ago, maripins said:

I thought O'Brien was our best player going forward. Made two great breaks that our "experienced players" couldn't manage to do.

Yes I agree , I personally like him at 9 

Played pretty well but obviously very rusty and lacking cohesion with all the subs. Lots of promise for the season though.

Shows what I know about rugby as I thought Dec looked very rusty, put a few passes into the grass etc, then got binned only to get mom. I thought Henson looked our best hooker today, passed well and really tackled his heart out.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Only watched the first half hopefully get chance to watch the second. Barrow are the team to beat and we struggled to match there size up front  what I seen. 
that aside we’re obviously a well coached team with good shape in attack and the season has a lot of potential just be great to get Miller back as him and Caine Barnes would tear teams apart 

thought town should have killed the game off in the last 10 minutes, thought we had to score with 3 repeat set's on barrows line but poor passing and decision making ,then loosing the hooker gave barrow a chance, fair play to barrow who got two late trys.

Archived