Do yourself a favour.

You may have already seen this, but if you haven`t watch out for the efforts of Kalyn Ponga in this game, the off-loads, support play and commitment in defence, keep an eye out for when he attempts to put the Sharks winger over the sideline when scoring. What a player.

Match Highlights: Knights v Sharks - NRL

12 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

You may have already seen this, 

Already into double figures. Partly because there wasn`t too much to savour in the later game.

Something worth noting is the Blake Green kick in the match-winning try. Not quite what he intended, but the source of subsequent off-the-cuff brilliance and excitement. Which, as you`ve noted in another context on another thread, is often the way with anything unpredictable.

There`s a good case for trying a deliberate kick-pass in front of the defensive line. It can get the ball quickly to a teammate in plenty of space.

On 17/04/2021 at 00:00, The Rocket said:

You may have already seen this, but if you haven`t watch out for the efforts of Kalyn Ponga in this game, the off-loads, support play and commitment in defence, keep an eye out for when he attempts to put the Sharks winger over the sideline when scoring. What a player.

Match Highlights: Knights v Sharks - NRL

Is it just me or was Brodie Jones the stand put player in those highlights.  Try savers, try assists and tries... he did it all.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Ponga really is a freakish talent . There looks nowt of him but he takes his bumps , comes back and has the full range of skills . The array of fullback talent down there is unbelievable and must be unprecedented 

33 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Is it just me or was Brodie Jones the stand put player in those highlights.  Try savers, try assists and tries... he did it all.

He looked a throwback ! Nuggety sort with the head bandaged and all action 

5 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Good call, without going back over them, I think he was involved in probably more highlights than Ponga, and some of the ones that Ponga was involved in as well. But no denying Ponga`s brilliance, I think you yourself said on another thread recently that League is a game of force, but the skillful blokes are still essential.

5 hours ago, DavidM said:

He looked a throwback ! Nuggety sort with the head bandaged and all action 

Yes, reminiscent of the type of forward that Newcastle produced 25-30 years ago, Mark Glanville, Tony Butterfield et. al.

7 hours ago, DavidM said:

Ponga really is a freakish talent . There looks nowt of him but he takes his bumps , comes back and has the full range of skills . The array of fullback talent down there is unbelievable and must be unprecedented 

And I love the little things, like the way after he throws the pass for Jones to score how he quickly rolls over to see what happens, just the energy and enthusiasm of the bloke.

Archived