South’s v Wests

I thought it went off straight away because Canberra v Paramatta was meant to be on straight away after at 10:30. The grand final highlights was presumably a filler until the feed was ready as the match came on 5-10 mins late.

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I think Latteral Mitchell is a great player but also one of the biggest 'Grubs' in the game, am I alone with these thoughts?

I think that is pretty much the universal assessment of Mitchell.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

21 minutes ago, Rugbyleaguesupporter said:

It's unfortunate but Sky rights do not allow post match for regular season 

Appreciate this may be heresey but I didn't massively enjoy the end of normal time- too stop start

Yes, but this never happens in Union Southern Hemisphere games, especially Super Rugby, where they used to have their own pundits in the Sky studio.

29 minutes ago, Cheadle Leyther said:

Yes, but this never happens in Union Southern Hemisphere games, especially Super Rugby, where they used to have their own pundits in the Sky studio.

How do you know?

Don't tell me you used to watch it?  If so you should be banished down Hand Lane😳

English player scores the match winning try in an incredible game in the premier Rugby League competition on the planet... and your input is that we can't talk about it here.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

English player scores the match winning try in an incredible game in the premier Rugby League competition on the planet... and your input is that we can't talk about it here.

To be fair there is a whole section on here dedicated to the NRL.

10 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

To be fair there is a whole section on here dedicated to the NRL.

There's an international forum too... are we going to banish all talk of England there?

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Magnificent game,

I think Latteral Mitchell is a great player but also one of the biggest 'Grubs' in the game, am I alone with these thoughts?

Agreed. Latrell's a wonderful talent and a physical prodigy, but he has a nasty, petulant streak.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

26 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

There's an international forum too... are we going to banish all talk of England there?

Now now, calm down lad, just agreeing that on a UK RL forum its easier if we stick to UK RL when there is a dedicated NRL page- just like when people want to talk about RU.

As I said earlier, I clicked on this topic as I thought it was talking about the 2 Welsh clubs.

4 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Now now, calm down lad, just agreeing that on a UK RL forum its easier if we stick to UK RL when there is a dedicated NRL page- just like when people want to talk about RU.

As I said earlier, I clicked on this topic as I thought it was talking about the 2 Welsh clubs.

Well, I'm happy to discuss an English player scoring a match winning try here.  If the admins decide it should go to the NRL forum then that's their call.

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Magnificent game,

Nope he had a nasty streak when at the Roosters but seems to have taken it to another level at Souths,should be missing a week or 2 with his antics today.

2 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

What are you watching?

Isn't there an alternative forum for overseas games.  Why fill up this one with Australian games?

Feel free not to click on the thread,it isn’t compulsory.

1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

What’s with all this LAD stuff,are you 103 ??

Unbelievable finish ! I thought Big Tom had done a Big Tom and dropped it , then next thing we see Brooks streaking away , Sutton ( who I thought had a poor game overall ) gives the try and the scoreboard tells us West’s win ... but incredibly Big Tom hasn’t done a Big Tom and West’s haven’t won and Souths have . And Madge’s face tells the tale . Amazing stuff . Never seen the like . Cruel on West’s that was a tremendous effort . I can’t talk about it here ... but I thought I would anywhere as it was so incredible !

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Unbelievable finish ! I thought Big Tom had done a Big Tom and dropped it , then next thing we see Brooks streaking away , Sutton ( who I thought had a poor game overall ) gives the try and the scoreboard tells us West’s win ... but incredibly Big Tom hasn’t done a Big Tom and West’s haven’t won and Souths have . And Madge’s face tells the tale . Amazing stuff . Never seen the like . Cruel on West’s that was a tremendous effort . I can’t talk about it here ... but I thought I would anywhere as it was so incredible !

My first thought was Tom doing a Tom too 😄 Glad for the lad, he had matured into a top class forward at Souths and could end up a club legend.

10 minutes ago, Scubby said:

My first thought was Tom doing a Tom too 😄 Glad for the lad, he had matured into a top class forward at Souths and could end up a club legend.

Chuffed he didn't lose it over the line as he has a done that a few times... and that would have led to a loss as well. In the end hero status for a week.

7 hours ago, Cheadle Leyther said:

What a fantastic finish!! Then what? Sky immediately goes off for a millionth showing of an old grand final. We don’t even get to see a replay of Tom Burgess’s incredible winning try. It wouldn’t happen to a yawnion game!!

I’ve often been annoyed by this but whilst watching a Fox stream for Brisbane v Penrith this week I realised it may be due to “the watershed”. Mick Ennis exclaimed he “didn’t want any bulls***” from the Broncos in the pre-match chat which would have been at some point around 10AM BST. I have a feeling Sky are aware of the chance of these incidents and can’t risk upsetting sensitive members of the parish.

I must say, I’ve not had this substantiated by any means, just sprung to mind at the time!

Archived