Richard Marshall

Early days in his Salford tenure but alarming given the quality at his disposal, there is quality in that team, that he cannot get a tune out of them, defeat to Leigh next week and the alarm bells will be going off if not already, in hindsight, wonderful thing, maybe Salford after Watson should have gone for a coach with experience/pedigree, they look like they need a Tony Smith type coach there, not a rookie.

Jeez, 1st Watson and now Marshall are apparently 'under pressure' after 3 games in their new jobs, are we trying to turn the sport into football where managers are sacked after 10 games? let's just wait and see what new coaches with new players and new ideas etc do given some time to work rather than doing this to them.

8 minutes ago, DG70 said:

Early days in his Salford tenure but alarming given the quality at his disposal, there is quality in that team, that he cannot get a tune out of them, defeat to Leigh next week and the alarm bells will be going off if not already, in hindsight, wonderful thing, maybe Salford after Watson should have gone for a coach with experience/pedigree, they look like they need a Tony Smith type coach there, not a rookie.

Funny you mention getting an experienced coach instead. Compare it with the situation at Cas. Most Cas fans want a young upcoming coach like Ford, Henderson etc after Powell. If they are not careful, could end up in a similar situation as Salford this year. 

Personally, I think Marshall is a decent coach. My guess is that they will click later in the season and stay safe. But I've known to be wrong before! 

1 hour ago, DG70 said:

Stupid post. Give the guy a chance, he's only had three games FFS, how can you judge a coach after that number of games? 

I'm not concerned and I think Salford will be fine 

I think Marshall is a brilliant coach but as an assistant. He is going to need a very good team around him to have succes as a No.1. Ive said many times he can take a lot of credit for what he did at Halifax in regards bringing players through but even though he were in charge for many years, by the time Halifax decided not to offer him a new contract we still had the core of Karl Harrison's team that he had taken over. Most of his recruits and came and went and it was obvious to everyone that we needed a freshen up. Loyalty is nice but sport is results driven and his stubborness to move some players along became his downfall as results got worse and it has taken pretty much a total clear out for us to have a team that can challenge near the top of the table(Well judging by where most people have us finishing maybe not and im deleting this bit if we lose to Bradford today 🙂 ).

I basically think he is too nice and that can lead to an inability to get teams up for games and sometimes players need the rounds of the kitchen and that's not happening under Marshall. I think come the end of the season Salford will be thankful Leigh are in the division.

7 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Stupid post. Give the guy a chance, he's only had three games FFS, how can you judge a coach after that number of games? 

I'm not concerned and I think Salford will be fine 

You've judged Leigh after 3 games

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Archived