And so to next week.

RogerT

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Us by 10, we've no need to fear Widnes as long as we a) keep up our intensity, b)  persuade Browny that he can't conjure a try with every offload he tries 50 yards out and c) cut out the short spells of not completing tackles. Oldham shouldn't have got on the board last Saturday.

Anybody know ko time and are we on any platform?

1 hour ago, phildog said:

Us by 10, we've no need to fear Widnes as long as we a) keep up our intensity, b)  persuade Browny that he can't conjure a try with every offload he tries 50 yards out and c) cut out the short spells of not completing tackles. Oldham shouldn't have got on the board last Saturday.

Anybody know ko time and are we on any platform?

Ourleague at 4.00pm this coming Saturday I believe.

That's correct, eagerly awaiting this one, I got thinking last night that those hard matches against Featherstone have paid dividends.

Championship

BATLEY BULLDOGS V WIDNES VIKINGS

Saturday 24th April
The Fox's Biscuit Stadium | KO : 16:00

Referee G. Hewer
Touch Judge 1 E. Mccarthy
Touch Judge 2 M. Smaill
Reserve Referee A. Sweet
Time Keeper P. Crashley

IMG_0583.JPG

On 18/04/2021 at 17:46, RogerT said:

Lets go lads, I do fancy this one, but not by that much, so I'll stick with my same prediction of winning by 12 points.

The only problem you'll have of beating them is if they decide to come with some sort of game plan watched all widnes highlights and they just look like a team waiting for an accident to happen🤣

Hope Gilmore is fit and well? Again I think we'll have too much in all areas and will come our on top. They have some good individual players but I'll go Dogs 26 Widnes 12

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

This will probably be the most interesting match-up of the round and I wouldn't risk predicting the outcome. On form it should be a Batley win by about 8 but if the Widnes coaching staff are doing their job then there should be a real reaction from last week's defeat and they could come out on top. A good one to watch I reckon.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Vikings Injury Update - Batley - Widnes Vikings

Widnes Vikings will be without captain Jack Owens after he picked up a calf injury in the defeat to Dewsbury Rams on Saturday.

The fullback is working hard on his rehab to ensue that he is back fully fit as quickly as possible.

Connor Dwyer is also ruled out after picking up a hamstring injury in the same fixture, and will be assessed further next week.

Lee Jewitt has suffered a knock which will keep him from the squad this week, while Calum O’Neill is back in training and edging closer to a return.

Jake Spedding (leg), Matt Cook (back) and Logan Tomkins (leg) all remain sidelined, with the latter the only long-term injury of the three.

squad 

Jack Blagbrough
Anthony Bowman
Jodie Broughton
Kieran Buchanan
Jonny Campbell
Nyle Flynn
Tom Gilmore
Adam Gledhill
Elliot HALL
Luke Hooley
Aiden Ineson