And so to next week.

RogerT

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, RogerT said:

That'll more than do.

Indeed. Not great first half, though I thought after the first ten minutes we dominated that. Then Widnes forgot to come out in the second. Very satisfying. I have said it before, but the lad Gilmore might be the best signing since Brambani!

That was one poor Widnes team.worst ive seen for a while...not taking anything away from Batley.

great performance by the lads and i'm more than happy.

Widnes fans on their forum now moaning about losing and that "this is Batley we're playing after all" ...unbelievable....

😐

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

15 minutes ago, bromleybulldog said:

Was that six back to back tries in the second half. Can't remember Widnes touching the ball at all for about 15 minutes! Brilliant stuff, though it has to be said that Widnes seemed to give up and were very poor once we took the lead.

they did but I loved our enthusiasm, desire and energy in the second half I enjoyed Tony Rea's description of us as like an avalanche coming towards Widnes. 

It's great to have that in the team, as well as speed of thought and in the legs!! Not to mention the desire to keep them scoreless in the second half.

can you believe this?

😂😂

sketch-1619290347318.jpg

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

31 minutes ago, BatleyBird said:

That'll be the same Batley that beat them last time they visited the Mount??

I missed today's game, but sounds like it was a cracker. And our boy Morton on the score sheet again!! 

An 80+ yarder too. 😀

3 of the tries today could all be genuine contenders for try of the season. 

I thought the bubble had burst and we were back to normal when we conceded the second try, and we would come back down to earth with a huge crash. 

Boy was I wrong!

On 21/04/2021 at 14:59, The Phantom Horseman said:

Widnes look a bit soft in the middle to me, they have little depth to cope with their ongoing injury issues, and apparently they've only won twice in Yorkshire since 2016. Comfortable Batley win for me.

I must admit I didn't think it would be THAT comfortable. Widnes are pretty bad, and Batley are pretty good. Think your coach deserves credit, as well as the player himself, for what he's getting out of Gilmore; fans of his previous clubs have been pretty critical of him, especially when he was at Widnes on their forum.

I have just watched the highlights of your game and (gulp) I was very impressed with your teamwork and with some individual performances too. It’s hard for me, but well done

I thought we were conservative in our win at Widnes last week and believe we could have done more, but Batley showed how it should be done. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

16 hours ago, il cattivo said:

That was one poor Widnes team.worst ive seen for a while...not taking anything away from Batley.

great performance by the lads and i'm more than happy.

Widnes fans on their forum now moaning about losing and that "this is Batley we're playing after all" ...unbelievable....

😐

Yes but they are a "big club" remember.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I must admit I didn't think it would be THAT comfortable. Widnes are pretty bad, and Batley are pretty good. Think your coach deserves credit, as well as the player himself, for what he's getting out of Gilmore; fans of his previous clubs have been pretty critical of him, especially when he was at Widnes on their forum.

I sometimes wonder where the club would be today,if we'd gone for Linners instead of Diskin when Kear left.

Nail and head Gittinsfan! Straight after a 3rd place finish we needed Kear-like continuity. Still, in defence of BoD they actually went on JK's advice. They ended up as disappointed as  us.

Post the highlights again during the week BatleyBob keep us smiling, I know I could hunt this down on here he he.

Hi distantdog yes I have watched them again just having a bit of fun, we wouldn't have been doing this 2 seasons ago, even if we falter in the next two games nothing will take away the glow of what we have seen so far this season.

Ooh a shiver just went down my back just at the thought if Keegan Hurst had still been with us what could we done to teams.

Archived