Radford not in line to be next Castleford coach

57 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Daryl is undoubtedly a good coach. A very good coach and a top fella.

BUT, until he wins the SL grand final he will always struggle to shed the tag of "choker" in the big ones.

I'm not sure any replacement will get the same from cas' squad that daryl does.... 

I don't think that is fair. Castleford aren't exactly one of the big clubs and they have punched above their weight under Powell. He also did win Grand Finals at Fev.

10 minutes ago, Damien said:

I don't think that is fair. Castleford aren't exactly one of the big clubs and they have punched above their weight under Powell. He also did win Grand Finals at Fev.

No he didn't.... he won one Final....not plural..... yes I'm pedantic. 

And given that in his tenure at fev...with way way the biggest budget in the league.... one GF win from four top of the league seasons and no NRC cups says to me .... "gets undone in the big one".

Cas hit their best form in decades 4 years ago under Powell. Coached them to top the league...and again failed to bring the big one home.

He needs to nail one for me.

6 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

And given that in his tenure at fev...with way way the biggest budget in the league.... one GF win from four top of the league seasons and no NRC cups says to me .... "gets undone in the big one".

Cas hit their best form in decades 4 years ago under Powell. Coached them to top the league...and again failed to bring the big one home.

Fair enough but he did win one at Fev then.

Have Castleford ever won the league/Grand Final in their existence? I don't think there is any shame in Powell not doing so considering the club and resources at his disposal. Indeed no club outside of Wigan, Saints, Bradford and Leeds have done so. Coaching them to top of the league is also irrelevant in a play off system, the goal is to win a Grand Final and peak to do so. That is what the big clubs are aiming to do.

I actually do take you points on board and see why you think as you do but I just disagree. If he doesn't win one at Warrington after a few years I think you'd have a stronger case but then again they've not won one for nearly 70 years either.

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

A close friends Son played under Powell at Fev and said he was streets ahead of any coach he had played for previously including Leeds!

5 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

A close friends Son played under Powell at Fev and said he was streets ahead of any coach he had played for previously including Leeds!

And I would agree.... and a very sociable and likeable fella. A gentleman.... top bloke.....

He has some form for missing out on the big one..... I hope he wins the GF with wire ..... if for no other reason than it will end all the "this is our year" pizz takes.😊

I think this would be the appropriate juncture to rule myself out of the cas job too. Expect the headlines tomorrow.

The cas chairman was outside Tesco's yesterday and saw an old lady struggling with her shopping. "Can you manage?" he asked. "I don't want the job either!" she replied.

22 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

I think this would be the appropriate juncture to rule myself out of the cas job too. Expect the headlines tomorrow.

The cas chairman was outside Tesco's yesterday and saw an old lady struggling with her shopping. "Can you manage?" he asked. "I don't want the job either!" she replied.

B'dum tish!!🤣

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

I'm surprised no-one has attempted to bring Ryan Carr back over. He is a bloody good absurdly young coach.

Been told Robin that Ryan is on the short list for cas job wish we could have kept hold of him at fev i am still not sure about Webster ??

Archived