Women’s SL highlights on Sky

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

“Streaming figures for the Warrington-Wigan game on Twitch show more than 300,000 unique viewers, with 46,000 of them in the UK.”

I wonder where the 254,000 not in the UK were from? 

I was one of the 46 000. Enjoyable game to watch. Impressed with both sides for differing reasons.

The high vantage point for the camera makes this a good venue for livestreams. A lot of women`s RL is filmed from ground level, or not much above, which fails to do it justice.

It would be remiss not to mention the PTB. Most of the Wigan and Warrington players were playing the ball correctly. Just a handful or so were using the rollball. Unlike in the men`s game where the ref would have to deal with a majority refusing to play the ball legally, it ought to have been possible to clobber the rollballers early in the game and thus ensure full compliance. The fact this didn`t happen demonstrates the RFL now instruct officials to regard the rollball as acceptable.

3 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I’m guessing sky pay nothing or virtually nothing to show Women’s Super League games/highlights. It’d be great content to get onto free to air tv rather than Sky.

Is the women’s game packaged with the men’s? Regardless, it would be great to see it reach a wider audience in that way.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

44 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I’m guessing sky pay nothing or virtually nothing to show Women’s Super League games/highlights. It’d be great content to get onto free to air tv rather than Sky.

Every silver lining has a cloud. 

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Who else is interested?

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

The BBC are showing some of the women's Challenge Cup later in the year, presumably on the red button.

These highlights are now available on YouTube.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

The BBC are showing some of the women's Challenge Cup later in the year, presumably on the red button.

These highlights are now available on YouTube.

Aren't they providing coverage of every World Cup game also?

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Aren't they providing coverage of every World Cup game also?

They are. That was confirmed (again) during the live Challenge Cup final coverage.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

This is worth packaging up now for sponsors 🙂

What is?

The Betfred Women's Super League?

2 hours ago, RayCee said:

Is the women’s game packaged with the men’s? Regardless, it would be great to see it reach a wider audience in that way.

51 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Who else is interested?

I don’t know Sky have the Women’s Super League as part of the men’s tv deal or if Sky have made a separate deal to show the Women’s game. Women’s sport is growing massively, free to air broadcasters would be more interested in Women’s Super League than the Championship, maybe some of the Championship funding should be diverted to the Women’s game.

3 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I don’t know Sky have the Women’s Super League as part of the men’s tv deal or if Sky have made a separate deal to show the Women’s game. Women’s sport is growing massively, free to air broadcasters would be more interested in Women’s Super League than the Championship, maybe some of the Championship funding should be diverted to the Women’s game.

I think they interested in the tournaments. But the way they treat the men’s highlights is perhaps an indication how they would treat the womens. I think it’s good sky are involved as that means the women’s game is now on multiple platforms

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Is there a women’s league in France Paul? If so a English v French champions game would be good, for a European Cup. 

I think there is but its tiny (I will check) plenty of female products out there and good opportunities.

Tyrells Crisps RU is now off SKY as is the women 6 Nations so a good time for League to strike:)

Paul

19 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

By any chance anyone know where I can find highlights of the Leeds game?

I think it’s just one game per week being covered right now?

(Which is the bobbins part)

Archived