Match Thread: Championship Round 3, Featherstone Rovers v Whitehaven Sunday-25th-April-2021

marklaspalmas

34 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

I'm old enough to remember the 1966/67 season when we went on our famous cup run beating Bradford Wakefield Castleford and Leeds on the way to Wembley. In that season we lost at home to Keighley Doncaster and if memory serves me right Bramley as well. I think we slid down to about 20th in a League of 30 before we met Barrow in the final.

That's  true 

20 Featherstone Rovers 34 12 3 19 27

compared to Barrow who came 15th in the 16 team playoffs 

15 Barrow 34 17 2 15 36

AS a side note bradford came   5th wakey   3rd  C%s 8th   and leeds 1st   🎶

and kieghley 24th  doncaster  23rd   bramley   29th    🤣

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, POR said:

That's  true 

20 Featherstone Rovers 34 12 3 19 27

compared to Barrow who came 15th in the 16 team playoffs 

15 Barrow 34 17 2 15 36

AS a side note bradford came   5th wakey   3rd  C%s 8th   and leeds 1st   🎶

and kieghley 24th  doncaster  23rd   bramley   29th    🤣

Thanks POR. My memory is not all that bad after all😄 Ask me why I went into the kitchen ten minutes ago I can't remember 😂😂😂😂😂

Whitehaven coach Gary Charlton on the RFL's interview: "The thing about Featherstone is, they don't make any errors."

I'm extra confident now that I know our opponents' coach hasn't watched our games this season 😀

Anyway...we seem to have abandoned the idea of putting our 21-man squad lists up at midday this season. There's a list on the RFL website but as has been the case most weeks there are fewer than 21 players on the list, at the moment it's just the 17 that played at Swinton that have been named.

22 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Whitehaven coach Gary Charlton on the RFL's interview: "The thing about Featherstone is, they don't make any errors."

I'm extra confident now that I know our opponents' coach hasn't watched our games this season 😀

Anyway...we seem to have abandoned the idea of putting our 21-man squad lists up at midday this season. There's a list on the RFL website but as has been the case most weeks there are fewer than 21 players on the list, at the moment it's just the 17 that played at Swinton that have been named.

Agreed I think you can take out of that he's only been bothered to watch our latest match at swinton  to assess us and to be fair to him we looked to be somewhat error free in that game😀😀😀

On 23/04/2021 at 19:03, Robin Evans said:

Dunno.... but the same 17 as last week won't be such a surprise..

Yep...I dont think there will be many changes. Probably be a few eyebrows raised with no Chissy again, but we have three very good half backs competing for two places. Last week was by far our best defensive performance of the season against a good attacking team, there was barely a missed tackle, so no surprise if we go with the same or similar team, including at half back.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Yep...I dont think there will be many changes. Probably be a few eyebrows raised with no Chissy again, but we have three very good half backs competing for two places. Last week was by far our best defensive performance of the season against a good attacking team, there was barely a missed tackle, so no surprise if we go with the same or similar team, including at half back.

Quite possibly  will he be tempted to take John D off the bench and replace him with Callum F or Luke C to give them some game time 

32 minutes ago, POR said:

Quite possibly  will he be tempted to take John D off the bench and replace him with Callum F or Luke C to give them some game time 

I think maybe we'll see Hardcastle on the bench, if Minns is going to keep him out (and personally I think that's a very close call) then Josh is a very handy guy to have on the bench as he can play several positions.

22 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I think maybe we'll see Hardcastle on the bench, if Minns is going to keep him out (and personally I think that's a very close call) then Josh is a very handy guy to have on the bench as he can play several positions.

That's true but in reality Josh would only be on the bench not to replace a back unless an injury occurs but to come on as a replacement forward  we have better options for that so josh on the bench should be a non starter

5 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Halton out. Hardcastle in

No problem with giving frankie a little rest got plenty of minutes in his legs but to replace him with josh really  not for me yes josh can do a job but if you want a proper forward sub then it's callum or luke not a pretend one like josh😒

Wait a minute could we  put josh on the wing and try man mountain gareth in the pack🤣

7 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Will be interesting to see how Dane reacts to getting dropped. It was the end of his Bradford career because he didn't react in a positive manner.

12 minutes ago, Bulls2487 said:

Will be interesting to see how Dane reacts to getting dropped. It was the end of his Bradford career because he didn't react in a positive manner.

Welcome back  

28 minutes ago, Bulls2487 said:

Well thought out response as usual. It's a known fact Chisholm didn't take well to getting dropped at Sheffield and Bradford.

The difference is when he was at Bradford he was far and away the best half back in the squad and the team suffered from being unable to accomodate him. He's played ok to a point this season but has been Fev's third-best half back on all-round form.

Archived