Match Thread: Championship Round 3, Featherstone Rovers v Whitehaven Sunday-25th-April-2021

marklaspalmas

as Robin says the error rate is appalling. what with drop balls obstruction and forward passes we dont deserve to be miles in front.Whitehaven are sticking to the task. Webster needs to shove a bomb up their backsides.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Bulls2487 said:

Well thought out response as usual. It's a known fact Chisholm didn't take well to getting dropped at Sheffield and Bradford.

It's also a known fact that Bulls fans were queueing up to tell us we'd get one good game out of him then he'd disappear. He's been a terrific signing for us regardless of what happens from now on.

4 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

The difference is when he was at Bradford he was far and away the best half back in the squad and the team suffered from being unable to accomodate him. He's played ok to a point this season Fev's third-best half back on all-round form.

I disagree the he was the best Half Back at Bradford. Joe Keyes played for KR last season and Rowan Milnes played for KR this season, we also had Jordan Lilley so Chisholm was 3rd choice HB behind Lilley and Milnes. He was dropped for his defensive efforts which is what one of your fans have mentioned.

It's a already patched up haven side that is nowhere near as well resourced as fev.

The error rate really is staggering. Could have have 30-36 points on the board. 

Poor completion. Dropped balls. Dissent ffs! 

Not a good watch. Hoping for much better this half.

Haven may well tire and rovers get on top.... we'll see

Just now, The Phantom Horseman said:

It's also a known fact that Bulls fans were queueing up to tell us we'd get one good game out of him then he'd disappear. He's been a terrific signing for us regardless of what happens from now on.

Not all Bulls fans. He was decent going forward and still is. He let's sides down with his defence.

|Good read as usual Robin. Rovers only woke up when Haven tired.A more  resourced team would have probably beaten Rovers on this team performance. The last 20 mins was good to watch but forget the first part. Dire overall

2 hours ago, POR said:

No problem with giving frankie a little rest got plenty of minutes in his legs but to replace him with josh really  not for me yes josh can do a job but if you want a proper forward sub then it's callum or luke not a pretend one like josh😒

Wait a minute could we  put josh on the wing and try man mountain gareth in the pack🤣

Thought josh was superb. 

Thought we did OK against youse for 60 mins.  Class showed last 20 mins hopefully youse will finally go up this year. Would have been interesting what score it would have been if we had anywhere near our best team youse would have probably stepped up another gear

What happened to Blackmore and Minns second half? Josh and Jones in 3/4 at the end.

another scratchy performance but we ended  up winning and another good points difference. Just not clicking as a team and way too many errors for a team with the players of standard we have. Fair play to Haven - a couple of really well worked tries from them in second half. 

3 minutes ago, POR said:

He always is but my point is I'd pick a recognised forward first  rather than one who's best position is  in the outside backs

We couldn't have seen a better example today of why having someone like Josh, who can play centre, edge back row or at a push wing, on the bench can be very useful. I don't know why Blackmore didn't return after half time but when Minns limped off we would have been really struggling if we'd had another forward on the bench rather than Hardcastle, as it was we ended up with Moors playing left edge and Jones playing left centre.

5 minutes ago, donald said:

Thought we did OK against youse for 60 mins.  Class showed last 20 mins hopefully youse will finally go up this year. Would have been interesting what score it would have been if we had anywhere near our best team youse would have probably stepped up another gear

Would of been interesting if we hadn't had 3 tries disallowed. 

1 minute ago, lingaro said:

I've never heard it as biased in my life. We this we that.  Haven try was superb our length of the field going through numerous hands was chaos!  Shockingly poor. 

First ever game of rugby league for the try scorer

4 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

We couldn't have seen a better example today of why having someone like Josh, who can play centre, edge back row or at a push wing, on the bench can be very useful. I don't know why Blackmore didn't return after half time but when Minns limped off we would have been really struggling if we'd had another forward on the bench rather than Hardcastle, as it was we ended up with Moors playing left edge and Jones playing left centre.

That's true but you've got to remember connor J has played centre and standoff for salford and dean P has played in the centre for TO so we could  use both of them in the outside backs if all else fails 

50 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Bit of a worry that 3 players went off and didn't come back. Ferres went off after about 15 minutes and didn't return, Blackmore went off at half time and Minns hobbled off in the second half.

Ferres looked to have injured his calf whilst scoring - he was certainly giving it a feel when walking back but seemed to dismiss the physio's concern

Archived