Match called off

plug

2 hours ago, plug said:

Our match againt Tolouse has been called off on the 1st may match to be played at a later date concerns over covid and us being a part time club 

I'm assuming you saw this on Love Rugby League who bizarrely have re-run this story today, when it was announced everywhere (including on our website) on March 11th!

54 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I'm assuming you saw this on Love Rugby League who bizarrely have re-run this story today, when it was announced everyewhere (including on our website) on March 11th!

AYE same time as widnes  game🤣

27 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Because we will get the gate income in August that we wouldn't if the fixture was reversed?

What when people are at the coast on a weekend away or on Holliday,crowds usually drop off in August as a retired Bookie it was one of our quietest months.

6 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

What when people are at the coast on a weekend away or on Holliday,crowds usually drop off in August as a retired Bookie it was one of our quietest months.

Well.... I'm not privy to the current a/c at fev, and if we can turn away approx 30k gate receipts plus 15k secondary income by switching the fixture, then we're in much better shape than I thought.

To me it would be crackers switching the fixture.

9 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

HA HA HA  that wont matter a jot if we only get 10 in the ground in august it will be more than is allowed  to come in may 1st

17 minutes ago, POR said:

HA HA HA  that wont matter a jot if we only get 10 in the ground in august it will be more than is allowed  to come in may 1st

I agree not one of my brightest ideas and not even started the red wine yet.It just seems a shame we don't have a game for 2 weeks and Toulouse won't play for three weeks.We do need a stiff test to try to play ourselves into some better form.

3 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

I agree not one of my brightest ideas and not even started the red wine yet.It just seems a shame we don't have a game for 2 weeks and Toulouse won't play for three weeks.We do need a stiff test to try to play ourselves into some better form.

I think you will get better  the  more games you play together irrespective of the opposition but having said that dropping the ball or forward passes is nowt do do with form it's just down to sloppiness and on their report card it would say Can do better 🤣

13 hours ago, POR said:

I think you will get better  the  more games you play together irrespective of the opposition but having said that dropping the ball or forward passes is nowt do do with form it's just down to sloppiness and on their report card it would say Can do better 🤣

MUST do better. 

4 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

I might be wrong , but did London forfeit the 2 points to toulouse by refusing to go play. I'm not suggesting that fev should.

No. As I understand it, the RFL awarded the game to Toulouse as they refused to travel.

Fev haven't refused to travel. The match was postponed by the RFL and may be played later in the season if the fixture can be accommodated

2 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

No. As I understand it, the RFL awarded the game to Toulouse as they refused to travel.

Fev haven't refused to travel. The match was postponed by the RFL and may be played later in the season if the fixture can be accommodated

Thanks for that Rob, I was unsure what had happened. I wonder if toulouse will pick any more points up with teams refusing to travel.

So Toulouse have 100% win ratio so they might as well not play another game and finish top of the league and get promoted. I think that they actually need to play a minimum number of games but for me it's points that determine who is the best team not percentages.

50 minutes ago, shaw llewellyn said:

So Toulouse have 100% win ratio so they might as well not play another game and finish top of the league and get promoted. I think that they actually need to play a minimum number of games but for me it's points that determine who is the best team not percentages.

I think that they actually need to play a minimum number of games THAT'S true  to get promoted you have to qualify for the playoffs and clubs will be required to have played 70% of their league fixtures (16 out of 22 in the Betfred Championship) to qualify for the play-offs. So if TO don't play another game they won't be in them

finish top of the league and get promoted NOT really  to get promoted you have to get to  the grand final even if  you finish 5th like we did 2019  and then WIN it

Archived