Latrell Mitchell

Latrell Mitchell is an incredibly talented player. As of Tuesday evening he was leading the Dally M award ladder with 13 points, just 1 point ahead of Ryan Papenhuyzen. 

Last night (Australian time) Latrell Mitchell faced the NRL judiciary for foul play against West’s Tigers winger David Nofoaluma.  Mitchell was found guilty and banned from playing for the next four games (Gold Coast, Canberra, Melbourne, Cronulla). This means not only has he put his team’s prospects of a top four spot in jeopardy. He also has had 12 of his 13 Dally M points deducted, making it now very unlikely that he can win the Dally M title.

The talented player has a terrible record of violent outbursts on the rugby league field. A great career is being sabotaged by the player himself. Like Joseph Leilua, Latrell Mitchell needs psychiatric treatment if he is to be able to reform himself.

1 hour ago, Manfred Mann said:

Latrell Mitchell is an incredibly talented player. As of Tuesday evening he was leading the Dally M award ladder with 13 points, just 1 point ahead of Ryan Papenhuyzen. 

Ladt night (Australian time) Latrell Mitchell faced the NRL judiciary for foul play against West’s Tigers winger David Nofoaluma.  Mitchell was found guilty and banned from playing for the next four games (Gold Coast, Canberra, Melbourne, Cronulla). This means not only has he put his team’s prospects of a top four spot in jeopardy. He also has 12 of his Dally M points deducted, making it now very unlikely that he can win the Dally M title.

The talented player has a terrible record of violent outbursts on the rugby league field. A great career is being sabotaged by the player himself. Like Joseph Leilua, Latrell Mitchell needs psychiatric treatment if he is to be able to reform himself.

This board has its own NRL section you know for you to post your "I love everything NRL" in !!!

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

50 minutes ago, weloveyouwakefield2 said:

What about him kicking out at the player on the floor? Did he get away with that?

He also got a $3000 fine, including for separate incidents.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2021-south-sydney-rabbitohs-latrell-mitchell-sydney-roosters-victor-radley-penrith-panthers-jack-hetherington/news-story/62e1c75650e7f71bb9af16a8142e7af8

I suspect this didn't help his case: Mitchell, who rolled his eyes during parts of the hearing, walked straight out of League Central and chose not to speak to the media.

It was a dirty shot, deliberate (premeditated in the moments before contact) and potentially very injurious. Serves him right.

lets hope it doesnt cost him a place in the kangaroo team in the wc (albeit at centre) - it would be such a shame not to have his talents showcased over here in autumn 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

5 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

It was a dirty shot, deliberate (premeditated in the moments before contact) and potentially very injurious. Serves him right.

it beggars belief that with cameras everywhere and officials at the top of their game players think they can get away with this sort of thing

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, Manfred Mann said:

Ladt night (Australian time) Latrell Mitchell faced the NRL judiciary for foul play against West’s Tigers winger David Nofoaluma.  Mitchell was found guilty and banned from playing for the next four games (Gold Coast, Canberra, Melbourne, Cronulla). This means not only has he put his team’s prospects of a top four spot in jeopardy. He also has 12 of his Dally M points deducted, making it now very unlikely that he can win the Dally M title.

You are a qualified psychiatrist?

Plus, is this not an Australian forum issue?

Just now, Rupert Prince said:

Neither am I RP but I know there's a few nut-jobs regularly posting in here. 

2 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

What did he do to get a 4 match ban?

He acted like Latrell Mitchell.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

39 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Seems quite an emotionally underdeveloped individual. Brilliant player but rather child-like. 

Yeh a fair bit looks petulant . The kick out for instance was just unnecessary and brattish . I’m a huge fan but he needs to get a grip , not sure about psycho therapy but he needs to think about his discipline , grow up and channel his energies into just playing his game and helping Souths win the premiership or he’s gonna risk throwing  it away as to much bother for the club 

1 hour ago, Saint Toppy said:

This board has its own NRL section you know for you to post your "I love everything NRL" in !!!

Good shout.

There is also an International section, which is surely more appropriate for threads about England v Fiji, which is also on here. I didn't see you on that thread telling people to move across??

You are right though: this forum should be purely for the more mediocre tiers of the game, like Wakefield v Hull KR, or West Wales v Dewsbury. The last thing we need on here is someone discussing one of the best players in the world.

👍🏾

1 hour ago, Rupert Prince said:

He happens to just be very talented at a certain sport , this doesn’t mean he mentally will act a certain way . The modern obsession with everyone confirming to a certain set of rules is strangling any characters out of all sections of society . He may be a talented sweet and lovely person , accept it embrace it , punish him when necessary and enjoy is talents at rugby league . 

He is a total grub, there have been many before and there will still be more to come in the future, what I don't understand though is people who contemplate the situation of these type of player's and come to the conclusion of "poor lad, he needs help" why can't they just accept that being a grub is in the make up, the genes, the psyche and attitude of these people. 

11 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

He is a total grub, there have been many before and there will still be more to come in the future, what I don't understand though is people who contemplate the situation of these type of player's and come to the conclusion of "poor lad, he needs help" why can't they just accept that being a grub is in the make up, the genes, the psyche and attitude of these people. 

Totally agree Harry, we have seen it all before and will no doubt see it many times again.

Certain coaches seem to be able to control players, sometimes they just grow up Zak Hardaker seems to have turned over a new leaf at Wigan and is better  player for it hopefully he will to.

Paul

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

Yeh a fair bit looks petulant . The kick out for instance was just unnecessary and brattish . I’m a huge fan but he needs to get a grip , not sure about psycho therapy but he needs to think about his discipline , grow up and channel his energies into just playing his game and helping Souths win the premiership or he’s gonna risk throwing  it away as to much bother for the club 

Needs to stop listening to halfwit Mundine the self proclaimed greatest sportsman of all time.

5 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

I am not a board certified psychiatrist. But that is irrelevant because I was not proposing that I would conduct a psychiatric diagnosis and treatment. I was proposing that a board certified psychiatrist do that. 

This is an Australian forum issue. But it is also a General Rugby League Forum issue, because Latrell Mitchell is one of the most talented players in the world today.

They'll pick him if he's willing to play centre.

He obviously lost his cool for some reason during that game.  While I think Mitchell can be a bit temperamental, the kick out IMO was entirely the fault of the guy blatantly continuing to hold onto his foot when he had no right to.  I can fully understand him getting annoyed, and he just flicked his boot at him.  Before anyone says that's dangerous, well if the guy hadn't been illegally holding on it wouldn't have happened at all. 

Archived