Sat 24 Apr: SL: Catalans Dragons v Warrington Wolves KO 17:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/04/21 at 16:30

Catalan were in this right up to the point were Warrington decided to stop helping them score.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Tomkins was supposed to be unplayable these days? His only contribution was that penalty he won for throwing the ball on the floor.

Pretty pleased with that defensive effort.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

38 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

I think it's been a while since the guillotine was used.

All I can think of now is Charles Hawtrey, "Drop it in the basket. I'll read it later".

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

4 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

I thought Tomkins was supposed to be unplayable these days? His only contribution was that penalty he won for throwing the ball on the floor.

Pretty pleased with that defensive effort.

Tomkins, like many great attacking players, struggles when the forwards are on the back foot. Warrington left him no room and that made it easy to keep an eye on him and close him down. That nullified what is Catalan's major attacking threat.

It is not just a matter of closing Tomkins off, but dominating the game to the point where it is easy to stop him being effective.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

On 21/04/2021 at 07:57, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Really looking forward to this game, Catalans have started the season on fire and if Warrington only get 1 win from their first 4 games that’ll be hilarious. Thankfully with Elstone gone Catalans home games are back on French tv and Sky Sports.

Oh dear.... how sad ..... never mind!

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

Superb defence from us, attack still needs some work but i thought defensively we were the best we've been this season.  Commentators said the story about austin and his passport was incorrect, he had in fact just been dropped by price. Mamo should keep his place next week Inglis can't expect to just automatically walk into the side?

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

Well it’s like the NRL . Players have told sky they want their names said differently . 

What's Chris Hill asked for, Slow Pil lock?

Well it’s like the NRL . Players have told sky they want their names said differently . 

5 minutes ago, Wilderspoolmemories said:

Inglis can't expect to just automatically walk into the side?

Well, if you read stuff about him on here and elsewhere, he's not likely to run into it.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 minute ago, Clogiron said:

Say again ?

You need that phone fixing.

Or to drink a bit less.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Not sure that post was worth one airing, certainly not three.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Anyone who thinks Inglis won't start next week if "fit" is living in cloud cuckoo land.  Mamo will move to the wing spot. On Austin only time will tell if he was dropped or guilty of an out of date passport. 

5 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Not sure that post was worth one airing, certainly not three.

Watch out for the paperback, the podcast and the talking book edition narrated by John Inverdale!

10 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Watch out for the paperback, the podcast and the talking book edition narrated by John Inverdale!

Will there not be a blog. 😞 

Archived