Fri 23 Apr: SL: Salford Red Devils v Leigh Centurions KO 18:00

Who will win?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Leigh Centurions

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/04/21 at 17:30

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

I expect us to lose 

Given the hand that leigh are dealt.... or even the sheeite hand that Delbert was willing to pick up, I'll be surprised if Leigh win a game. I was hugely relieved when Fev weren't selected for the 12th place.

That said....I genuinely hope leigh finish 11th or better. I really do

3 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

I expect us to lose 

Yes so do I, Leigh may be able to put two or three tries on the board,  but that defence both structurally and one on one is abysmal, I expect Leigh to conceed more tries than they can score. 

I would love to be positioned at a vantage point positioned centrally high up behind the sticks to see how the Leigh defence reacts to the offensive structures and lines their opponents employ, does the defense employ drift, slide, umberella, overloading strategies etc, for these to be accomplished a team requires a fullback who can identify and give instruction also be loud enough, (we got rid of one in my opinion who could do that, and the coach hoped that a player who throughout his carrear has been hidden and shoved to one side when the team is defending could fill that role) or are the player's just bad tacklers?

20 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes so do I, Leigh may be able to put two or three tries on the board,  but that defence both structurally and one on one is abysmal, I expect Leigh to conceed more tries than they can score. 

I would love to be positioned at a vantage point positioned centrally high up behind the sticks to see how the Leigh defence reacts to the offensive structures and lines their opponents employ, does the defense employ drift, slide, umberella, overloading strategies etc, for these to be accomplished a team requires a fullback who can identify and give instruction also be loud enough, (we got rid of one in my opinion who could do that, and the coach hoped that a player who throughout his carrear has been hidden and shoved to one side when the team is defending could fill that role) or are the player's just bad tacklers?

Just haven't got enough quality in the team H.... and in my opinion, Duffy is nowhere near good enough to be a SL coach

4 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Just haven't got enough quality in the team H.... and in my opinion, Duffy is nowhere near good enough to be a SL coach

I have a lot of time for Mr Beaumont in what he has done for the Leigh club, but under his watch I do believe he has had a massive chink in his armour and that has been in his choice of coach which has followed the same path, Paul Rowley, Neil Jukes, Kieron Purtill and now John Duffy have all been player's of the club,  sat in the very same dressing rooms, putting on their 'Leigh Kit' having the 'Craic' with the lads, OK it may be that present squad players have not been in that situation with them, but having been there as a player is it still part of their make-up and do they command 100% respect? I have my doubts.

I served my apprenticeship in the engineering industry, and the guy who was my mentor once advised me, "It would be easy for you to stay here for your working life, but in doing so you will never be anything other than one of the lads just a little older" I think I understood what he was saying to me, and it was all about complacency and challege also how you were percieved by others, in the case of Leigh would an authoritarian, no nonsense, expierienced coach be the answer,  I don't think it would do any harm, but that is just my opinion!

Leigh to start slow and concede points, go 18-24 behind before making the score look respectable but ultimately losing again.

Duffy to come out and say we didn’t stick to the game plan and we can’t afford to give teams a head start.

Salford 32- Leigh 12

8 hours ago, binosh said:

Duffy to come out and say we didn’t stick to the game plan and we can’t afford to give teams a head start.

That'll be right after Marshall says SRD let the fans down.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived