Fri 23 Apr: SL: Salford Red Devils v Leigh Centurions KO 18:00

Who will win?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Leigh Centurions

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/04/21 at 17:30

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

'14 and '15 Dav I think from memory albeit I am happy to be proved wrong we lost 3 league games, yes Gubby is correct some game were forgone conclusions and just as boring as contests as this seaso will be in losing.

There would have been plenty of exciting close games if you had chosen to stay in what looks like one of the most competitive Championships for years,hope Leigh can get a much needed win and at least give Wakefield,Leeds a battle in the relegation fight.

2 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

There would have been plenty of exciting close games if you had chosen to stay in what looks like one of the most competitive Championships for years,hope Leigh can get a much needed win and at least give Wakefield,Leeds a battle in the relegation fight.

No doubt , chasing promotion with several other clubs is fun , but somebody had to bail SL out 😉

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Can't see where any improvement will come from though Rob can you?

On and off field looks out of depth, by some.

Off the field would be a good place to start, Duffy looks out of his depth and his pre/post game interviews have so far given me no confidence in his ability to turn things down. We were well in the game today and (it feels particularly weird saying this after a 20+ point loss) could and should have won today. We were the better team in the first half and scored with our only 2 big chances to attack in the half. All we had to do was come out and do the basics right but we seemed to be chasing the game before we were even behind. The end of the first half was particularly stupid, we had a 2 point lead and a DG charged down but started throwing it around on the hooter with no need. 

Kicking game was actually much improved in the first half on recent weeks, as was defence but we couldn't even get to a kick more often than not in the second half and the shape was just none existent. We coughed up easy ball and just invited Salford into the game.

32 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Clueless in attack - Salford were on the ropes second half, neither team had any skill or confidence. If we score its a first win - Salford did against the run of play and knew we had nothing to come back with

It was a pretty amazing try as well , 3 touches by Inu as he falls over dropping straight into Sio's hands , you sort of think things aren't going your way when that happens 🙁

Shocking match of very very poor standard.

Nothing more to be said really. Any Decent side in the Championship would have caned Leigh, yet Leigh should have been out of sight if they had more patience in the first half.

Two very poor teams !

Leigh have had better championship sides (and coach ?) than this lot. Can't see us winning one game, hope I'm wrong. Obviously the game v Wigan was fine even though we lost, the rest (apart from a mini comeback v Huddersfield in the CC) we just can't compete. Conceding nearly 40 points per game on average, that is relegation material. Roll on next season in the championship, where we will actually win some games. 😉

7 hours ago, clogdance said:

Leigh have had better championship sides (and coach ?) than this lot. Can't see us winning one game, hope I'm wrong. Obviously the game v Wigan was fine even though we lost, the rest (apart from a mini comeback v Huddersfield in the CC) we just can't compete. Conceding nearly 40 points per game on average, that is relegation material. Roll on next season in the championship, where we will actually win some games. 😉

This will become demoralising for the players.  They are being asked to play a certain way and are getting very little joy.  Losses every week more often bring more injuries.  We could look at the coach and even the recruitment but which coach would turn this around?  

Even if Leigh get relegated imo this will have a knock on effect in the forthcoming season.

I've never rated JD as a coach. He underperformed at fev with a decent set of lads.

The fact he is reported to have left the club and refused to pick up calls from the chairman tells me a lot.

However, which coach would coach leigh to avoid the drop given the hand they have been dealt.... and willingly played?

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

I've never rated JD as a coach. He underperformed at fev with a decent set of lads.

The fact he is reported to have left the club and refused to pick up calls from the chairman tells me a lot.

However, which coach would coach leigh to avoid the drop given the hand they have been dealt.... and willingly played?

You apply and run with what you have and what you can get, you review - I think we will be at review stage because last night was a game that we should have won. Can see Duffy being demoted or removed, as you cant sack half the squad.

14 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

You apply and run with what you have and what you can get, you review - I think we will be at review stage because last night was a game that we should have won. Can see Duffy being demoted or removed, as you cant sack half the squad.

Absolutely mate. 

Going back to December I was hoping and praying that fev weren't awarded the place under those conditions. 

But I really do hope leigh find a way to finish 11th.... or better.

11 hours ago, clogdance said:

I'll still enjoy this season , defeats and all , I'll cheer on ( when permitted ) every little positive and score we manage , not going to complain or moan about it , lots and lots of other clubs fans have real problems and much less to get excited about , so a season of ' tonkings ' , well it's not the end of the world 😀

3 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

This will become demoralising for the players.  They are being asked to play a certain way and are getting very little joy.  Losses every week more often bring more injuries.  We could look at the coach and even the recruitment but which coach would turn this around?  

Even if Leigh get relegated imo this will have a knock on effect in the forthcoming season.

Why ?

1 minute ago, lucky 7 said:

Leigh have to play the Red Devils at home. Wakey home and and away and the Giants home and away. IF and i know it's a big IF, IF they were to win these these games in my opinion they would be safe from relegation

if

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

if

Indeed, and lets not ignore that fact they they shouldn't have been gifted a Super League place as they wasn't even the the best team in the Championship last season and are only in Super League to make up the numbers so that Super League honour's it's contract with Sky. Even Dexy has little faith in the players that they are only on 1 season contracts.

12 hours ago, clogdance said:

Losing becomes a habit and losing heavily becomes an addiction. Hopefully the split second before Mellor knocked on in the game against Wigan which could have taken Leigh either 22 or 24 ahead isn’t the highlight of their season

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

I'll still enjoy this season , defeats and all , I'll cheer on ( when permitted ) every little positive and score we manage , not going to complain or moan about it , lots and lots of other clubs fans have real problems and much less to get excited about , so a season of ' tonkings ' , well it's not the end of the world 😀

Eggsbloodyzactly. Top post Steve. 

If we don't see each other next season, one of us will be happy!!!🤣

1 hour ago, lucky 7 said:

Indeed, and lets not ignore that fact they they shouldn't have been gifted a Super League place as they wasn't even the the best team in the Championship last season and are only in Super League to make up the numbers so that Super League honour's it's contract with Sky. Even Dexy has little faith in the players that they are only on 1 season contracts.

Who was the best team last season ?

Archived