Fri 23 Apr: SL: Salford Red Devils v Leigh Centurions KO 18:00

Who will win?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Leigh Centurions

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/04/21 at 17:30

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, lucky 7 said:

Toulouse

By being unbeaten in the Championship?

............. err so were Leigh but played one league fixture less than Toulouse because they renaged from playing in the Challenge Cup, do you have any other reason excepting you like Toulouse.

Don't get me wrong I was hoping and praying Toulouse got the nod, but they would never have got it in a month of Sunday's before any of the English clubs who applied, because of the threat of Covid, simple.

Personally I think that Leigh should be exempt from relegation this year or rather there shouldn't be relegation this year.

Leigh put in a good bid whereas the Toulouse application was half hearted to say the least. Leigh have done Super League a favour by making up the numbers when quite clearly Toulouse didn't want to take the risk. I can tell you for a fact that Toulouse were not even second place that was York.

The fixtures are compromised anyway. First 2 rounds were extra/loop games and to give Leigh 'extra' games against Wigan and Warrington was brutal. 11th placed Hull KR got 'extra' fixtures against St Helens & Catalans.

How on earth can any team be relegated with such a skewed fixture list working against the less fancied teams?

9 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

Personally I think that Leigh should be exempt from relegation this year or rather there shouldn't be relegation this year.

Leigh put in a good bid whereas the Toulouse application was half hearted to say the least. Leigh have done Super League a favour by making up the numbers when quite clearly Toulouse didn't want to take the risk. I can tell you for a fact that Toulouse were not even second place that was York.

The fixtures are compromised anyway. First 2 rounds were extra/loop games and to give Leigh 'extra' games against Wigan and Warrington was brutal. 11th placed Hull KR got 'extra' fixtures against St Helens & Catalans.

How on earth can any team be relegated with such a skewed fixture list working against the less fancied teams?

It's RL , anything can and does happen 😁

2 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

But then another team that won more games would be relegated, and that isn't fair, ask Widnes fans.

Leigh knew the rules, teams like Salford have to rebuild every year  and still have to cope with little money. The league isn't fair, if it were we would have a draft system.

15 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

But then another team that won more games would be relegated, and that isn't fair, ask Widnes fans.

Leigh knew the rules, teams like Salford have to rebuild every year  and still have to cope with little money. The league isn't fair, if it were we would have a draft system.

Correct , there is always an opposite and equal reaction 

Amazed how passive Rugby League fans are.

If Premier League football said we are going to have 2 extra fixtures and the bottom teams will play the top teams I do believe there would be a mass revolt.

I am a supporter of P&R but you must have an even fixture list.

The only thing totally consistent is how unequal RL is and how many people defend the right to keep it that way. You can remodel, reshape and restructure RL as many times as you like but at the heart of every change will be the wonderful reassurance that it will always remain the same.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

10 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

Amazed how passive Rugby League fans are.

If Premier League football said we are going to have 2 extra fixtures and the bottom teams will play the top teams I do believe there would be a mass revolt.

I am a supporter of P&R but you must have an even fixture list.

If there were to be an RL mass revolt, how would anyone recognise it? 

11 hours ago, Red Willow said:

So I take it you would not be in favour of "ringfencing" two French clubs from relegation playing in the same league structure when every other team could suffer that fate - even if they do better on the league ladder than the French clubs? 

The rules should apply to all teams. We all have our issues, some times a team could have an awful injury crisis such as Leeds have in the past. Others have their team asset striped every year. Such is sport. In your example you could have Leigh and 2 French teams exempt  therefore relegating a team that may have just missed the playoff.

There were some benefits to the licence system as it gave teams a chance to build but unfair on those in the championship.

I have been supporting a team relegated and it is awful but that's sport.

On 26/04/2021 at 02:53, GUBRATS said:

And you've decided this by what exactly ?

Being top of the league. It's that simple. Runs on the board as they say.

Leigh were joint 2nd with fev with the same amount of points from the same amount of game

On 26/04/2021 at 04:08, DimmestStar said:

Dexy knew the situation when he forwarded the teams name to join Super League. He has so little confidence in his teams ability to stay in Super League the players are only on 1 year contracts and at the end of this season any of the Leigh players capable of playing a decent standard in Super League will be snapped up by Super League clubs

15 minutes ago, lucky 7 said:

Being top of the league. It's that simple. Runs on the board as they say.

Leigh were joint 2nd with fev with the same amount of points from the same amount of game

So you think that Toulouse should have been promoted because they'd played a game more than the other teams that were unbeaten ? 

7 minutes ago, lucky 7 said:

Dexy knew the situation when he forwarded the teams name to join Super League. He has so little confidence in his teams ability to stay in Super League the players are only on 1 year contracts and at the end of this season any of the Leigh players capable of playing a decent standard in Super League will be snapped up by Super League clubs

Yes He did , has he complained ? , Has any Leigh fan on this board complained ? 

16 minutes ago, lucky 7 said:

Where did i suggest that?

You've said they were the best team , and yet Leigh,Fev and Toulouse were all unbeaten , Toulouse being top due to having played an extra game , just how does that make them better ? 

19 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

You've said they were the best team , and yet Leigh,Fev and Toulouse were all unbeaten , Toulouse being top due to having played an extra game , just how does that make them better ? 

Well they played and won 5 games.

Leigh and Fev played and won 4 games. Like i said runs on the board

19 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

What a load of complete tosh 

From you yes.

Your defense of a team from a suburb of Wigan is misguided.

They offer nothing to Super League. No new fans. No big new sponsors, They don't even have a academy

6 hours ago, lucky 7 said:

From you yes.

Your defense of a team from a suburb of Wigan is misguided.

They offer nothing to Super League. No new fans. No big new sponsors, They don't even have a academy

Its a shame you feel that way, because you may have to put up with that tiny suburb from Wigan for at least one more season next year, albeit with more meat on the bones as a squad.

I hope Toulouse and Fev get promoted next season and make it a fair 14 team SL over 26 fixtures. Then, only then, will you get a fair system to relegate a team  (and drop this bloody golden point !)

Archived