Fri 23 Apr: SL: Salford Red Devils v Leigh Centurions KO 18:00

Who will win?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Leigh Centurions

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/04/21 at 17:30

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Knockonathon 

This phrase always makes me want to follow it with "Do doo, doo doo-doo".

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

22 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Pains me to say it but Leighwere absolutely pathetic, one wouldn't expect as many juvenile mistakes from an under 13 team.

As usual Harry , we were ok for one half and quite good for 20 minutes , but once it went past one score we were gone 

27 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Pains me to say it but Leighwere absolutely pathetic, one wouldn't expect as many juvenile mistakes from an under 13 team.

Question Harry ? Would you rather be in the  championship winning or getting beat up  weekly in the SL ?

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Question Harry ? Would you rather be in the  championship winning or getting beat up  weekly in the SL ?

Can I answer that David 

Winning 90% of your games in the Championship is boring , just as losing 90% of your games in SL is boring , so as long as we aren't doing just one of them year on year on year on year , it's fine 

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

As usual Harry , we were ok for one half and quite good for 20 minutes , but once it went past one score we were gone 

I cannot rememember feeling so downbeat about a performance Gubby, we both stated at the start we didn't expect any wins but the nature of the football and the way we are performing is well below anything what I was expecting, is it the player's who are out of their level, is it the coaching panel or a combination of both, I was actually really looking forward to going on the ground with my ST watching them perform but now expecting that expierence being somewhat like a slow painful torture.

10 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Can I answer that David 

Winning 90% of your games in the Championship is boring , just as losing 90% of your games in SL is boring , so as long as we aren't doing just one of them year on year on year on year , it's fine 

When was the last time Leigh won 90% of their games ?

10 minutes ago, DavidM said:

David I am on record on these pages saying I did not want the poison chalice of promotion on numerous occasions, I didn't believe we were ready and up to now am being proved correct.

But to answer your question, there is no fun being totally out of one's depth we don't even look as though we will be competitive, it is going to be one long hard season, yes I would prefer to be in the Championship and building from there.

Saints, Wigan, Huddersfield, Hull KR, Catalans, Hull, Warrington and Leeds up next for Leigh. Leigh are playing with both arms behind their back given the circumstances of putting a squad together late, a lot of new players and being given some spare change like a bus station goblin and when you look at their fixtures, it looks very bleak. Fingers crossed they pull it off, mind. 

6 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

You know what I mean , although I'd guess that Leigh have won more games than any other ' pro ' RL team in the world over the last 20 years 

2 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Saints, Wigan, Huddersfield, Hull KR, Catalans, Hull, Warrington and Leeds up next for Leigh. Leigh are playing with both arms behind their back given the circumstances of putting a squad together late, a lot of new players and being given some spare change like a bus station goblin and when you look at their fixtures, it looks very bleak. Fingers crossed they pull it off, mind. 

No easy games in SL 

7 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

'14 and '15 Dav I think from memory albeit I am happy to be proved wrong we lost 3 league games, yes Gubby is correct some game were forgone conclusions and just as boring as contests as this seaso will be in losing.

7 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Looking very bleak isn't it Hela!

1 minute ago, LeytherRob said:

One of the worst 40 minutes I've seen from a Leigh team in a long while. Pretty bitter pill to swallow that one, much like the Wigan game.

Can't see where any improvement will come from though Rob can you?

On and off field looks out of depth, by some.

Archived