Fri 23 Apr: SL: Hull FC v Wakefield Trinity KO 19:45 (Sky)

Who will win?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/04/21 at 19:15

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Another 2 points and could easily have been a bigger margin.  Wakey had a dig and some big efforts by their forwards.

One of the main differences in Hull this year is the attitude being instilled by Hodgson.  Mistakes are made but just get on with the job:

“We do not want to discourage that type of rugby, we want to be making a massive amount of opportunities and nine times out of ten, Jake hits that pass.”

Reminds me of Hanley supposedly telling Tommy Martyn his error stats were too low. The thinking being he was taking enough chances for a creative player. 

I thought he should of got a red. I expect to see a ban.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

53 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Reminds me of Hanley supposedly telling Tommy Martyn his error stats were too low. The thinking being he was taking enough chances for a creative player. 

Yes, very similar.  Hodgson appears to be focussing on positives more than anything.  I’ve been impressed with the team attitude overall as it seems to be the polar opposite to the last couple of years.

Good player TM.  Underestimated.

Very happy with the win but most impressed with the resolve in defence and I think Ben McNamara deserves a special mention in that respect. Some of those ball an' all tackles that brought much bigger men to ground were outstanding.

Expected the game to be a scrap and that's what we got. Wakefield have too many good players to dismiss them as a threat. Hull were a bit fortunate that Wakefield came up with errors at a crucial time but it was good to see Hull take the opportunity with a very well worked try to win it. Lovely ball from Connor and it was a relief to see him with his head back on in the second half after a couple of absolute howlers in the first.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Archived