Time to get excited for League 1

7 hours ago, doc said:

Get four more teams in there, ten isn't enough. 

Yes 12 or 14 would be much more preferable, however it was always unlikely that anyone would be able to step up at short notice for this season. I can’t see it happening for a few years yet either, unless you can think of a club that’s ready? 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Yes 12 or 14 would be much more preferable, however it was always unlikely that anyone would be able to step up at short notice for this season. I can’t see it happening for a few years yet either, unless you can think of a club that’s ready? 

Just for parity reasons, 12-12-12 across the three leagues would mean see some fairness across the board and wouldn’t mean dropping clubs into the comp to then let them sink, as has happened before. 

2 hours ago, Joe 90 said:

Rochdale Hornets Surprise package this season.

Great squad but three to watch

Gavin Bennion

Rob Fairclough

Fui Fui Moi Moi  ( One Last Bash  Lessssss Gooooooo )

May be an image of 1 person

Not only that, but they now play at the home of the National Team. That should give the guys a lift, knowing that they use the same stadium as England!

Barrow

Ryan Shaw

Ben Harrison

Adam Walne

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

Coventry Bears 

Got a good squad this year which has gone under the radar (pretty sure that's how we like it!) 

I'm interested in seeing 

Dave Scott

The Welham brothers (Matt and Liam, hopefully get Kris next year 😉

Dan Coates 

There are one or two other players who I think will be surprise packages in league 1 but will keep them under wraps for now 

What's everyone's predictions for League One this year? Having such a long break i've sort of lost track. 

Bookies latest odds:

Barrow 5/4

Keighley 4/1

Hunslet 6/1

Workington 13/2

Doncaster 13/2

Rochdale 11/1

West Wales 20/1

North Wales 25/1

London Skolars 45/1

Coventry 50/1

It's nice to see the bookies think West Wales will be competitive this year. As a neutral I always find picking a team in this league hard as I love them all, I usually support the underdogs but out of the teams more likely to get promotion I'd like to see Hunslet or Keighley go up.

I don’t go to big on the odds in this league as they don’t really know much about it and sometimes they end a fair way off . And  in this case there’s been no ‘form line ‘ for over a year . I’ve no doubt Barra have put together a favourites squad but after that it’s difficult to differentiate between a handful of sides . All on the day really . I know it goes generally , but from experience of watching it just doing the basics well and being organised goes a long way in this league

1 hour ago, fevtom said:

What's everyone's predictions for League One this year? Having such a long break i've sort of lost track. 

Bookies latest odds:

Barrow 5/4

Keighley 4/1

Hunslet 6/1

Workington 13/2

Doncaster 13/2

Rochdale 11/1

West Wales 20/1

North Wales 25/1

London Skolars 45/1

Coventry 50/1

It's nice to see the bookies think West Wales will be competitive this year. As a neutral I always find picking a team in this league hard as I love them all, I usually support the underdogs but out of the teams more likely to get promotion I'd like to see Hunslet or Keighley go up.

The odds are way off (and I'm not just saying it because I'm a Coventry fan 😂). For example there is no way West Wales should have better odds than Crusaders! 

I do think Barrow are strong favourites this year but who knows. Two years ago whwn Whitehaven won the league no one including the bookies had them as favourites 

2 hours ago, fevtom said:

Bookies latest odds:

Barrow 5/4

Keighley 4/1

Hunslet 6/1

Workington 13/2

Doncaster 13/2

Rochdale 11/1

West Wales 20/1

North Wales 25/1

London Skolars 45/1

Coventry 50/1

Too right, we need more West Yorkshire teams in the top two divisions! 

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

Always strange to me how Doncaster have never put it together to be solid Championship club. Good size town, catchment area to themselves but then I remember they play in a stadium that is way too big at any level. 

Is it much of a RL town either? I know they’ve had a team for years but I doubt they’re anywhere near Rovers in terms of support or profile in the town. And there’s a strong Union team there too.

6 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

Coventry Bears 

(snip)

There are one or two other players who I think will be surprise packages in league 1 but will keep them under wraps for now 

Ah okay....

AN Other

AN Other

AN Other

Bears have been busy beefing up the squad for 2021 and I expect us to be much more competitive. Great to have Kieran Sherratt back,

3 hours ago, fevtom said:

Bookies latest odds:

Barrow 5/4

Keighley 4/1

Hunslet 6/1

Workington 13/2

Doncaster 13/2

Rochdale 11/1

West Wales 20/1

North Wales 25/1

London Skolars 45/1

Coventry 50/1

It’s a shame nowhere offers E/W betting for League One. There’s a couple of decent priced teams there. 

Rochdale are a good each way bet.

I'm happy Donny aren't considered a favourite. We've a big squad but possibly not enough quality outside of of our first choice backs. Couple of old lads there in Tali and Taulapapa. Just hoping to see decent rugby really.

First n foremost i just cant wait to get the league back in action ... second and foremost i cant wait to get down and watch some rugby ... and third and foremost hopefully play to enough of a consistent level to get in the mix . But like most other clubs ive no idea what to expect . I think weve a great coach though so cautiously hopeful

Archived