Lodgers on Sunday

Blind side johnny

Will we reclaim the bragging rights to our midden or will the superior firepower and world class coaching of our lodgers be too much for us? They are certainly vulnerable but also have pace to burn in a couple of positions. We have old men in our half backs and they also have one in theirs - will there be pension books at 20 paces or a kicking duel. I have no doubt that it will be an intriguing game, watched by a large crowd, with highlights and lowlights for us all.

Bulls 24 - 20 Rams

p.s. When will OuRLeague start to release some "attendance" figured for games? It shouldn't be so difficult or are the embarrassingly low/high?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Viewing figures will be low, otherwise they would have been published.

If we have the same attitude as last week this game is very winnable, after all it's only Bradford! 😉

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

I want to tip us to win, as that's what my head and heart are both saying, for once.

Bradford 20 Dewsbury 28. Attendance: 1 (Me going down Owl Lane on the top deck of the 117 bus)

On the subject of OurLeague, they still haven't published any broadcast times for the games the weekend of May 8/9 and they're all still down as 3pm. So far they've announced staggered broadcast times a month or so in advance. Probably wishful thinking, but I was wondering if it means there's a chance limited crowds might be let in.

I haven't seen Dewsbury this time yet but if you're half decent you will take the two points. How Fax managed to conjour up a loss to the bulls last Sunday is still beyond me, we had nowt to beat and still couldn't get the win. Come on the Rams! 😃

4 minutes ago, creditwhereitsdews said:

I want to tip us to win, as that's what my head and heart are both saying, for once.

Bradford 20 Dewsbury 28. Attendance: 1 (Me going down Owl Lane on the top deck of the 117 bus)

On the subject of OurLeague, they still haven't published any broadcast times for the games the weekend of May 8/9 and they're all still down as 3pm. So far they've announced staggered broadcast times a month or so in advance. Probably wishful thinking, but I was wondering if it means there's a chance limited crowds might be let in.

You're down for sunday 7.30   bradford away 🤣 home

https://www.rugbyleagueontv.com/ourleague

1 hour ago, Hugh Jarce said:

Viewing figures will be low, otherwise they would have been published.

If we have the same attitude as last week this game is very winnable, after all it's only Bradford! 😉

According to the Full 80 minutes 

There’s been a combined 223,000 viewers for the live games streamed on Our League so far in 2021. 

I have contacted the OuRLeague enquiries desk and they say that they do intend to publish the information. If more people ask then maybe they will be "encouraged" to do this sooner rather than later.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Having got every result and score pretty close since the season started, I Nosfatrattoo give Bradford a narrow 10 point victory ✌

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

16 hours ago, POR said:

According to the Full 80 minutes 

There’s been a combined 223,000 viewers for the live games streamed on Our League so far in 2021. 

Is that number for all games, SL & Championship plus friendlies?

Do you have a link where this info comes from?

Cheers

1 hour ago, Hugh Jarce said:

Do you have a link where this info comes from?

Cheers

link

IT was on the full 80 minutes podcast on u tube

I would assume so it  mentioned 50 games played

42 minutes ago, POR said:

link

IT was on the full 80 minutes podcast on u tube

I would assume so it  mentioned 50 games played

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

The numbers for Championship games must be low, if the average for all games is 4460. Once you take out the SL games it will drop significantly.

Probably explains why they don't want to highlight individual games, makes sense.

5 hours ago, Hugh Jarce said:

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

The numbers for Championship games must be low, if the average for all games is 4460. Once you take out the SL games it will drop significantly.

Probably explains why they don't want to highlight individual games, makes sense.

Maybe. Based on that same logic though we shouldn't give out attendance figures for Championship matches at all, crowds or not.

John Kear is well aware that we score tries from our half backs’ kicks and will have instructed his players to harry those two and perhaps nullify our scoring ability. 
We shall see, but I think he could be right and will spur his charges (or will it be his chargers?) to victory. 

Bradford 30-12 Dewsbury 

FTS: Morris

MoM: Walton 

Mind you, I would probably think differently had we been at home!

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Is anyone actually watching?

No comments so far - will we make a 2nd half comeback?

On 22/04/2021 at 17:01, Ainley Top said:

I haven't seen Dewsbury this time yet but if you're half decent you will take the two points. How Fax managed to conjour up a loss to the bulls last Sunday is still beyond me, we had nowt to beat and still couldn't get the win. Come on the Rams! 😃

Could a Fax fan be anymore bitter?.

Any team that comes back from 14-0 deserves a bit of credit like Fax did to make it 26 all. Thought Fax were missing Scott Murrell as no real on field leader. As for Dewsbury they were better team in 2nd 40 some good defence from Bulls was the reason we got the win.

Didn’t expect this score expected a narrow either way. Specially with how you started the season we had a good mind set and won the game in the first half. Second half is how I expected the full game to go nip and tuck and you showed why you’d won your two previous games. Happy with the win haven away next for us.

On 23/04/2021 at 18:20, Blind side johnny said:

Maybe. Based on that same logic though we shouldn't give out attendance figures for Championship matches at all, crowds or not.

I think on some occasions we could count them for ourselves when at the game! 😉 

3 hours ago, Hugh Jarce said:

I think on some occasions we could count them for ourselves when at the game! 😉 

Finally an excuse to use those extra digits the breeding programme in Dewsbury has gifted you  Mr Big Bottom 😘

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Sadly, my prediction was nearly correct and, sadly again, Kear did his homework and generally quieted our half backs, got his forwards moving and giving their backs room to move. We started a bit like the proverbial rabbits in the headlights, wondering what was hitting us and then countering by giving away penalties. 

Were there shades in our performance of the way Widnes have been playing? Our tackling for a large part of the first half was very poor; on more occasions that I care to remember in recent seasons, we have left our wingers to defend two positions and yesterday it continued. Where were the centres? Finally, when Brown jumped and then scored his second try, we could clearly see that Tomlinson, Oakes and Sykes did not bother to try and stop him, except perhaps Sykes, who realised too late that nothing could be done, but offered a token grab at the winger.

That sort of performance will not encourage wavering supporters to buy a season ticket, especially as we get fewer matches for the cost of it this year.

LG may have had a headache wondering which players to omit from his selection when winning, but now may have a bigger one wondering who to include!

I could not have selected a Man of the Match, but would suggest that Hall and Walton may have been the better of a bad bunch.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Archived