Lodgers on Sunday

Blind side johnny

13 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Sadly, my prediction was nearly correct and, sadly again, Kear did his homework and generally quieted our half backs, got his forwards moving and giving their backs room to move. We started a bit like the proverbial rabbits in the headlights, wondering what was hitting us and then countering by giving away penalties. 

Were there shades in our performance of the way Widnes have been playing? Our tackling for a large part of the first half was very poor; on more occasions that I care to remember in recent seasons, we have left our wingers to defend two positions and yesterday it continued. Where were the centres? Finally, when Brown jumped and then scored his second try, we could clearly see that Tomlinson, Oakes and Sykes did not bother to try and stop him, except perhaps Sykes, who realised too late that nothing could be done, but offered a token grab at the winger.

That sort of performance will not encourage wavering supporters to buy a season ticket, especially as we get fewer matches for the cost of it this year.

LG may have had a headache wondering which players to omit from his selection when winning, but now may have a bigger one wondering who to include!

I could not have selected a Man of the Match, but would suggest that Hall and Walton may have been the better of a bad bunch.

Here we go with the moaners.I thought the Bulls hardly made a mistake in the first half.That extra pace made the difference .Dews.in second half never gave up."A bad bunch"  -give up.

3 hours ago, silcoates said:

Here we go with the moaners.I thought the Bulls hardly made a mistake in the first half.That extra pace made the difference .Dews.in second half never gave up."A bad bunch"  -give up.

Let’s see what next Sunday brings when we entertain York and then see if we are both moaners, or come away with optimism. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

We look like a "workman-like" team able to grind out wins but not really a flair side. Sykes and Finn are very solid players but rarely run with the ball so we lack that "spark" in the half backs that the likes of Thackeray or Gilmore offer. But should be good enough to stay up.

I'm not sure where the doom and gloom is coming from tbh. 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

On 26/04/2021 at 17:36, Piggy's mate said:

Finally an excuse to use those extra digits the breeding programme in Dewsbury has gifted you  Mr Big Bottom 😘

The thing is, I don't need them when we play the bullfrogs as their fans don't turn up! 😉😂

Mr Parkinson, being a Bradford Fan of course, enjoyed the result. 😮

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Archived