Should the Women's RL forum be merged with this?

8 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

With the increased visibility of the Women's Super League, does anything in the sub forum get lost?

there's a womens superleague???????????

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, RigbyLuger said:

With the increased visibility of the Women's Super League, does anything in the sub forum get lost?

Nothing stopping people posting threads about the women’s game, same as international, Aussie etc

12 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Nothing stopping people posting threads about the women’s game, same as international, Aussie etc

And yet so many members don't bother stepping outside the main forum and AOB. And they complain bitterly when something "foreign" is posted in the main forum.

Plus, there are some members whose views on women's sport in general tends towards the cro-magnon.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, RigbyLuger said:

I’d merge it with this one.  Be good to have a weekend thread like for the Championship and League 1.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I have no issues at all with the women's Super League being discussed on the main forum. Then again I don't have any issue with other RL specific topics, like the development of the game internationally, the NRL etc being discussed either.

8 minutes ago, Damien said:

I have no issues at all with the women's Super League being discussed on the main forum. Then again I don't have any issue with other RL specific topics, like the development of the game internationally, the NRL etc being discussed either.

Indeed . I can’t be doing with all this ‘ you can’t be posting this here ‘ stuff . I mean really , so what  ?

In my opinion, we should have as much news, comment, opinion as possible on every media outlet.

The emergence of the Women's game is a really exciting development and one we should promote with all the energy we can muster.

The games I've seen have been tremendous entertainment and it's great that the limit on my viewing is the time I can afford to watch, rather than being limited by what's being made available by the respective media outlets.

Let's have it.  

29 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

I remember the old days, when men were men and women were happy. 

"“In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.”

- Douglas Adams, Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

"“In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.”

- Douglas Adams, Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy

Me and Doug, go way back.

15 hours ago, Damien said:

Neither do we.

There are sub-forums on here dedicated to many specific areas of the game, but that doesn't stop those areas being discussed in general terms on here too.

We might occasionally move threads around, to keep things tidy, but by its very nature, the 'general' forum is a place to discuss anything Rugby League related, as a first port of call for most people who use this site.

However, if we just had one general forum for everything, good threads on most non-SL related things would slide down the page very quickly indeed and off the front page, so they would get 'lost' before many people would ever get to see them.

The sub-forums help to prevent that, and that's why they were added in the first place.

They also serve a purpose in illustrating to newer visitors that a whole range of Rugby League exists beyond the headline-grabbing SL stuff that tends to dominate in here.

So, on balance, I think the structure of the forum is ok as it is and we won't be changing it.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

There was a time when women were happy? 

Yes but you see Eddie you are young.

Women are much unhappier these days and it's all your fault.  

I found John's explanation really sound but if the womens' game would disappear out of sight if it was on here the comment is not about their part of our sport or where it goes on a forum but solely to do with our capacity for involvement in this aspect. In other words it about US.  So our inclusivity as a sport depends on the level of interest shown by koala in an iphone. Can this be true?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

I found John's explanation really sound but if the womens' game would disappear out of sight if it was on here the comment is not about their part of our sport or where it goes on a forum but solely to do with our capacity for involvement in this aspect. In other words it about US.  So our inclusivity as a sport depends on the level of interest shown by koala in an iphone. Can this be true?

Ox' i wish i was as clever as you. 

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

No issue here. Post all you like about women's rugby.

If I want to read it, I'll click on it. If I don't, I'll scroll past.

C'est la vie.

See you in the Autumn then, Robin!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

14 hours ago, Oxford said:

It`s doubtful whether many viewers of the general forum will have bothered to acquaint themselves too much with the subject of women`s RL. So, even if well-intentioned, comments would probably be too general or shallow to be worth reading. Those who go to a dedicated section ought to be a bit better informed.

You would think that the TRL women`s forum might be of interest to women`s RL players. And yet we assume, probably correctly, that only a few middle-aged blokes are commenting and viewing. So, what does English women`s RL social media consist of ? With the exception of Cas Tigers Ladies there doesn`t appear to be any serious attempt to promote themselves.

Archived