New England Kit

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

St. George's cross then, probably offset to the right hand side. Will wait and see. 

Yeah that is a worry if they've gone down that route again - it's been painful the other 2 times this has been done. Was hoping the badge didn't quite look parallel to the red line that it might be a V but not quite enough angle for it to be that it appears. 

Seeing as though they have given a sneak preview of the kit, I will give a sneak preview of my reaction.

I think i

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

36 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Yeah that is a worry if they've gone down that route again - it's been painful the other 2 times this has been done. Was hoping the badge didn't quite look parallel to the red line that it might be a V but not quite enough angle for it to be that it appears. 

The "angle" you mention is just the way the shirt is folded I think. Looks like they have folded the sleeve inwards and it's covering part of the red cross.

1 hour ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

It'd have to be a deep V! Maybe a mile long. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

“We are England” sounds like the knocked off version of This Is England. 

just in case anyone was in any doubt who we are..

Looks like the St.George is back on (never been a fan of it on the jersey), with red cuffs and binding on the neck. The England badge is not suited for embroidery, so why they've embroidered i do not know. The embroidery looks poor also.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

4 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

just in case anyone was in any doubt who we are..

Looks like the St.George is back on (never been a fan of it on the jersey), with red cuffs and binding on the neck. The England badge is not suited for embroidery, so why they've embroidered i do not know. The embroidery looks poor also.

What’s the verdict then Mike, do you like it or not? 

Is it just me or does the England badge look a bit old fashioned in todays age with the big shield (presuming that is what its meant to resemble)? It all seems a bit big and clunky. I know we have had a lot of discussion about the Super League badge revamps for the digital age and I think the England badge needs the same treatment. I think the contents in a circular design and the England Rugby League round it, like Wigan and Man City et al, would look much better and more modern look and would be great for social media.

3 minutes ago, Southerner said:

Am I the only one who can’t stand a st georges cross on a shirt. The ones we’ve had in the past look awful/tacky.

https://images.app.goo.gl/i94ccNqbBtmQUiD89

Nope - I think that's pretty much in line with....well everyone to be honest. No idea why they do it - can't think off the top of my head anybody else who tries to incorporate their flag into their jerseys? I'm talking all sports, not just RL. 

15 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Nope - I think that's pretty much in line with....well everyone to be honest. No idea why they do it - can't think off the top of my head anybody else who tries to incorporate their flag into their jerseys? I'm talking all sports, not just RL. 

1990 West Germany Italia Home replica retro football shirt

Though that's a replica/homage rather than the original - but it's close enough.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, Damien said:

Is it just me or does the England badge look a bit old fashioned in todays age with the big shield (presuming that is what its meant to resemble)? It all seems a bit big and clunky. I know we have had a lot of discussion about the Super League badge revamps for the digital age and I think the England badge needs the same treatment. I think the contents in a circular design and the England Rugby League round it, like Wigan and Man City et al, would look much better and more modern look and would be great for social media.

I quite like it, it’s England’s RL badge and I don’t see the point in messing about it it, it’s certainly not awful. 

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I quite like it, it’s England’s RL badge and I don’t see the point in messing about it it, it’s certainly not awful. 

It's one of those where I wouldn't change if only because we've chopped and changed too much. It might not be perfect but it's better to build some actual brand recognition rather than chasing perfection. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

Archived