New England Kit

16 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

It's one of those where I wouldn't change if only because we've chopped and changed too much. It might not be perfect but it's better to build some actual brand recognition rather than chasing perfection. 

As I said you can keep the content that is currently inside the shield, that's hardly going to damage the brand. As England haven't played for years, and the badge would barely be recognisable to most, then I'm not sure how strong the brand is anyhow.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Of those shown I prefer the one the Burgi are wearing .

I don’t mind the Kingston Press or Gillette George’s cross ones, the two full cross ones are woeful though, as is having John Smiths as a sponsor, I’d rather drink from the sewer.  

The England badge is square peg round hole, and was shoe horned in to look like the RFL/SL rebrand of a couple years ago. It's bog standard, and falls down on several levels.

Theres no point keeping a brand ID if it doesn't work well. No matter if it's recent or had a shed load of money spent on creating it.

This should have been looked at long ago, but with very little focus on England it's unsurprising it hasn't.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

The England badge as it is, is awful. Said many times before - it's dated, holds no brand relevance unique to RL, looks like a cheap tacky Sports Direct fake England mock badge.

As for the new shirt, I truly hope it is not yet another 'St George's Cross' effort. 

1. Plain white with Red Piping, or, other subtle changes.

2. Red 2x Vee's 

3. White with Red Hoops.

3 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

The England badge is square peg round hole, and was shoe horned in to look like the RFL/SL rebrand of a couple years ago. It's bog standard, and falls down on several levels.

Theres no point keeping a brand ID if it doesn't work well. No matter if it's recent or had a shed load of money spent on creating it.

This should have been looked at long ago, but with very little focus on England it's unsurprising it hasn't.

England rl don’t have a strong identity. Forever living in GB shadow. I’ve said before, scrap GB and have England adopt the GB lion, kit and colours

Being a traditionalist, I am very relieved that England are retaining the Three Lions on the shirt. I was not too pleased to see the drab WC merchandise with a badge looking like the northern cousin of Milwall FC's Zampa the Lion on it. I think you will find the ex-players agree too from what I have read.

Though in comparison with the Aussie and Kiwi jumpers, England keep changing design. Personally I would have the 2013 kit with the 3 Lions replacing te "Bombadier" badge.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

5 hours ago, Mr Plow said:

England rl don’t have a strong identity. Forever living in GB shadow. I’ve said before, scrap GB and have England adopt the GB lion, kit and colours

I almost want to agree. But for me - England should not have blue in the kit. However - the Lion badge - if GB is so dormant now really....

I think the 2013 RLWC shirt was one of the better ones. The current badge isn’t great - although England RL do seem to be using a more GB Lion like logo for the promotional stuff on social.

I do think all the bring back GB stuff could have been avoided if England had just adopted that badge! It’s outstanding! 

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

1 hour ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

GB badge should be red to represent England, a unicorns head should represent Scotland, a dragons head should represent Wales and Gerry Adams head should represent Northern Ireland

When and where can I buy this Gerry Adams jersey?

22 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

just in case anyone was in any doubt who we are..

Looks like the St.George is back on (never been a fan of it on the jersey), with red cuffs and binding on the neck. The England badge is not suited for embroidery, so why they've embroidered i do not know. The embroidery looks poor also.

Why do you say that the England badge is not suited to embroidery out of interest? And why do you think it looks poor?

11 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Why do you say that the England badge is not suited to embroidery out of interest? And why do you think it looks poor?

You can only embroider with genuine clarity to a certain size. Detail is incredibly hard to keep clear when you have intricate elements like the lions on the England badge. You only have to look at the image posted by Oxen to see evidence of this. Not just on the badge but also on the letters that make up the badge. 'G' and 'B' and the 'I' in 'XIII' being so small and close together the thread is virtually merging in parts.

I work a lot with the Red Bull logo, which for the above mentioned reasons cannot be embroidered beyond a certain size.

With so many high quality print applications available which offer so much more clarity, embroidery is the last thing you'd want to use on a sports badge. Though many seem to associate an embroidery with something premium, which it's not. In this case a Silicon badge or High Density print would have been much better. Either would have added more value to the look of the shirt and offered complete clarity. Even a high quality heat transfer (which are generally pretty cheap in terms of cost) would have been better suited.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Archived